Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 1260S. DQS upshifts just fine but no downshifts at all, ie: shift lever will not move down. Works like normal with the clutch. I tried turning DQS off and then back on and no change. In the past it worked just fine as long as the throttle was closed when downshifting. I did discover that with very very slight throttle, downshifting works just fine. My suspicion is that the TPS signal to the DQS is wonky. Anyone else have this problem? Find a fix? Ideas as to whether there is a reset for the TPS position?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I had this problem and Ducati replaced the load cell shift linkage, under warranty. It was not activating the throttle blip on down shift so the leaver wouldn't move without clutching.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to hear you got it fixed. Any idea what a "load cell shift linkage" is?

·
Registered
204 Posts
It's the shift linkage between the shift lever and the transmission lever. It has the unit that senses the shift pressure and signals the computer to blip the throttle on down shift and cut the throttle on up shift.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it, it's the quickshifter itself. Likely culprit as there's a service campaign about rerouting the cable on the '19's and a superceded part number from the '18.

I still wonder why it works with slightly open throttle?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Motozen, hope things are well. You might try running the new tire calibration setting in the menu where it has you run the bike at a certain speed for a short time. My downshift would not work when I went +2 on the rear sprocket and this fixed it, might be worth a try

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tried that, no change. Off to the dealer this morning. I expect they will order a new quick shifter. I wonder if Ducati is shipping parts.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ducati will replace DQS under warranty. Known issue. Part ordered.

·
Registered
204 Posts
When it's back to working , often giving jerky shifts in certain gears, unexpected double throttle blips and quick cut-outs after a shift you know it's back to normal

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lol, but actually, when it was working, it was silky smooth both up and down...ymmv.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts