Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't seem to find a straight answer; on MY18 821 Monsters (and 1200 monsters too), is there a specific DQS that allows for downshift / autoblipper?

I know that previous years had DQS with upshift only, but I'd read a few sources that states MY18+ has a DQS with autoblip.

If so, does anyone know the part number?

Thanks

·
Registered
725 Posts
96580131A
Supported Bike
MONSTER 1200: 2017, 2018, 2019
MONSTER 821:2018, 2019

No mention of autoblipper however.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
96580131A
Supported Bike
MONSTER 1200: 2017, 2018, 2019
MONSTER 821:2018, 2019

No mention of autoblipper however.
Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, that's the one I saw on Ducati's site, and it does specify "upshifts"...

It's weird because I've heard of people who had that same part and it was upshifts only, and others who had with with downshift as well.

I wonder if there's a Gen 2 of part 96580131A with up and down and Gen 1 was up only? And they've just not updated their site?

Wondering if anyone on here has any first hand experience to add...

·
Registered
725 Posts
I've ridden the 2017 Monster 1200S and it has a up/down QS as STD equip. The DQS is available as an accessory on the base model. I would be surprised if it was up only.

BTW, the down feature was not that great as you have to close the throttle completely for it to engage. Faster staying on the gas to blip and using the clutch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bought a 96580131A used on ebay, the listing had it described as "upshift only", seller had it installed on his 2018 Monster 821, and had told me it was upshift only.

Installed it today in my garage, and I knew it had to be activated at a dealership (or some other method of accessing DDA / Ducati Data Analyzer). Took it over there, took them 20 minutes, and to my surprise it was upshift and downshift in all modes.

As DarR said, the downshift is a little wonky, probably still easier to blip down yourself, but sometimes it hits right and I feel with more time with it I can get better with it.

Closing this out, I'm still not sure what the exact answer is to my question. Maybe some Ducati dealerships only turn on upshift for some customers because they know downshift is still a little buggy? Regardless, up and down (autoblip) IS available for 2018 Monster 821 with part 96580131A.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
as long as the shift rod has an output in both directions it can supply the required signal into the ecu, but the actual dqs quickshifter function is part of the ecu code, and the available software for a given model will determine what has what.

they're possibly releasing updates for older models that have both functions in the code. if the bike has an electronic throttle then the blip thing is just code related and they've been using the same ecu for a while so if the ecu has the hardware capacity to run the required software it's not a problem. the shift rod is not the part that will make the difference as such.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts