Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the DP windscreen for the early SF is still available? I was thinking of tryin one out and like the look of that one.

Tanks
Frank

·
Premium Member
2012 Matte Black SFS
385 Posts
It is impossible to find. I've been searching. Thought I found a company in Canada, but they said their inventory was wrong and it was not available. My only thought would be to maybe look at the Puig screen, and trim it down. I just don't like the way it connects. The DP screen is just so much better....any luck on your end?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did a Google search that came up blank as well. I didn’t realize that these were so coveted. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2012 Matte Black SFS
385 Posts
All DP parts for the SFS are coveted. They don't make them anymore. the only parts that remain are the tail tidy, rear bag, & rear carbon hugger. That's it....

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks Q. I do need a carbon rear hugger. Is the DP one a good one to get?

Also, I should probably start a new thread, but I would like to change the footpegs. I did some research and the Gilles ones came up quite often, but not sure those are still available. I like the Rizoma Pro peg, but according to their site, they don’t work on SF. Sato rearsets are beautiful, but probably Uber expensive.

Funny, I’ve owned this bike for 8 years and just started getting the ‘mod’ bug.

·
Premium Member
2012 Matte Black SFS
385 Posts
Thanks Q. I do need a carbon rear hugger. Is the DP one a good one to get?

Also, I should probably start a new thread, but I would like to change the footpegs. I did some research and the Gilles ones came up quite often, but not sure those are still available. I like the Rizoma Pro peg, but according to their site, they don’t work on SF. Sato rearsets are beautiful, but probably Uber expensive.

Funny, I’ve owned this bike for 8 years and just started getting the ‘mod’ bug.

If you want to stay genuine DP, then yes, I would get it. If not, there are a ton of other websites:

Those are the ones I found. Shift-Tech makes great stuff, but I don't think he is making them anymore. They are focused on the SF V4s now...but, you can always check it out and see what they have left.

I have Rizoma pegs on mine. I can snap a photo if you'd like. I'm not sure the part number though...

·
Premium Member
2012 Matte Black SFS
385 Posts
These Rizoma pegs should work: https://amsducati.com/rizoma-pro-footpegs. They are the same as on mine.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you want to stay genuine DP, then yes, I would get it. If not, there are a ton of other websites:

Those are the ones I found. Shift-Tech makes great stuff, but I don't think he is making them anymore. They are focused on the SF V4s now...but, you can always check it out and see what they have left.

I have Rizoma pegs on mine. I can snap a photo if you'd like. I'm not sure the part number though...
I'm sure this is a loaded question, but the Motocomposites CF parts are considerably cheaper than Shift-Tech (or DP). Is the qualitry comparable?

·
Premium Member
2012 Matte Black SFS
385 Posts
I can't speak to Motocomposites, but I know that Shift-Tech uses carbon from Ilmberger which is located in Germany. I think Ilmberger is the manufacturer for the DP carbon products as well. Shift-Tech been a part of the community for a long time and has consistently provided quality products. I'm sure others have experience as well...

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok. I ordered the rear hugger and gauge cover from Shift-Tech. I also ordered a quick-release fuel cap for my Multistrada.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I had a Barracuda screen on mine, which I had to cut down to make it look decent...

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Oh. That looks good. Are they still available and was it easy to cut down? What did you use to cut it?
Made in Italy, not sure about availability...I used a Dremel, not hard if you are careful.
I had a Barracuda screen on mine, which I had to cut down to make it look decent...

View attachment 986245

View attachment 986244
Oh. That looks good. Are they still available and was it easy to cut down? What did you use to cut it?
Made in Italy, bought it from Monster Parts I used a Dremel to trim it down and had to drill new holes for the mounting brackets, easy to do...I trimmed a it couple of time, this was the final version...

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks. According to the barracudamoto website, it looks like it's still available (at least in Italy). I wonder what shipping would cost...

·
Premium Member
2012 Matte Black SFS
385 Posts
Thanks for sharing @fighterpilot. That's exactly what I was looking at doing. The photos certainly gave me the detail I was searching for!

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
What bar is that?
Renthal Fatbar Kawasaki 450 ATV bend, it's a bit on the wide side but has a really nice comfortable bend without too much pullback. I have a Fatbar Street Low (828-02) on my Speed Triple R which has a similar bend but is narrower and I really like it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts