Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Thought I'd post some pics of the latest project - the conversion of a biposto to a monoposto using the DP gear. Hope you like the pics of my babies.
Big thanks to Jason and Jake at Section8 for hooking me up with some nice parts over the last 8 months!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
that is a REALLY sweet tailpiece!.....nice job!...what'd it set ya back if you don't mind me asking?....and is it Fiberglass or Carbon Fiber or molded plastic?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yeah, and how long would it take you to swap the stock tail and seat back on when you want to take the Mrs. for a ride? If it's only a few minutes, I'm gonna do the same mod to mine! Thanks for posting great pics, too.

*Dan

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tailpiece

Thanks. Piece is fiberglass. Cost about $690 chavos! Pricey, but nice. I had to fabricate and install the mesh grilles on the vent openings. Jake applied the 'Ducati Superbike' stickers on both sides. I'm very happy with the result, and it provides better cooling as well. Plus, I can convert back to biposto if I ever wanted to carry a passenger.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DP tailpiece

Dan, it would probably take about 15-20 minutes to swap back.

·
Super Moderator
8,215 Posts
Very nice tailpiece.

IMHO one of the best looking 999 monó conversions availble.

//amullo

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Truck

I see you have great taste in trucks, too! I knew you guys and gals on this board were a great bunch! How do you like the truck so far?
;-}

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
you look a little to young to ride, i'd have concerned about holding the bike up (let alone reaching the handlebars) at stop lights long before i do seat conversions. but to each his own. ceet looks good

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Underestimated rider

Maybe so... training wheels at stop lights, but boy do I have a low center of gravity! You should see me take a fast corner!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ksucio said:
I see you have great taste in trucks, too! I knew you guys and gals on this board were a great bunch! How do you like the truck so far?
;-}
I got it in March and couldn't be happier with it. Already have 5k miles on her (commute 3+ days a week in it). I've already used the power jack in the bed. Works great. Looking for a tonneau cover now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts