Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

DP Seats ?

2K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  joeducati 
#1 ·
Hi I pick up my multi next weekend! I was wondering if anyone has thoughts on whether the DP seats are much of an improvement over the standard ones (pillion/rider)?

#2 ·
All I can tell you is if you're looking for a comfortable seat get the one the Pikes Peak mounts, I don't know if it's the same as the DP but the one I mentioned is fantastic. :D

#4 ·
I think they look nicer but are no more comfortable. That is not a criticism as the stock seat is really comfortable. My wife thinks the pillion is an upgrade though. I bought the DP seats so that I had something with resale value while I use the stock seat pans for a custom seat. No regrets. I'd do it again but I don't think they are better, just a bit different.

#8 ·
I'll probably be looking at the Sargents also. The stocker on my 2011 S started out fine and was comfortable for a 3800 mile trip from Florida to Colorado and back. Just got back from a1 1700 mile loop through Tennessee and Alabama. The foam on the stock seat has now worn in until I feel like I'm sitting on the frame rails after 200 miles or so. Corbin makes a 1 piece seat but I'd like to keep the 2 piece configuration like the stocker. I've used Sargent a couple of times in the past, once for a seat on an FJR and once for a custome seat for a Triumph Sprint ST. I was happy both times although the seat for the FJR was a bit pricey (around $700.00).

#11 ·
I got the DP touring and it's no improvement. I'm waiting on the Sargeant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.