Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the long runs my ass gets so numb that I finally decided to change my seat but don't know whether getting a DP seat would make any change for me... As far as I understand the "DP comfort" seat is more softer than the DP seat... am I right?

What are your thoughts or reviews of the " DP Comfort" and "DP" seats? :think:

·
Registered
256 Posts
I've got the DP seat and its hard compared with the original. Never heard of th DP comfort seat.

·
Duc ... Duc ... GOOSE!
1,928 Posts
The comfort seat is better than both stock or Race in terms of length of time in the saddle. However, I didn't like mine because my leathers would stick to it. A shaved stocker is good because the foam is soft and, when thinned out, becomes much better at cradling your ass. But it's still not as squishy as the comfort seat. The race seat is more contoured than stock, but I found it to be just as firm...but at least my leathers didn't stick to it. I liked my suede covered shaved stocker the best, DP race second and the comfort seat blows goats. :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
one thing that really helps is a pair of cycling shorts with a synthetic chamois

they provide additional padding and also prevent bunching

give em a try

for rides of an hour or longer, i always put a pair on under my leathers

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have found with the DP comfort seat and my leathers I can ride my Hyper all day, feels great! :eek:

The DP comfort seat is the one with the red stitching on the sides.

·
Registered
6 Posts
In the long runs my ass gets so numb that I finally decided to change my seat but don't know whether getting a DP seat would make any change for me... As far as I understand the "DP comfort" seat is more softer than the DP seat... am I right?

What are your thoughts or reviews of the " DP Comfort" and "DP" seats? :think:
I dont know about the dp seat but try Sargent Cycle new custom seat for the Hyper.......nice looking and more level than stock.......they also have in developement a solo seat with tail trunk and matching paint. I am waiting for that to come out before i get another seat to replace stock.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I love my Sargeant seat. Did 1000 miles through the mountains in GA, TN, NC and SC in 2 days and had no butt issues. My friend with the DP comfort seat however did complain about butt soreness. Im 6'2", 170. Don't know what difference that would make, but the comfort seat is lower than I like and tightens up the leg room

·
Registered
484 Posts
I'm fairly happy with my Comfort Seat. It's much better than the stock one by far.

Just my 2 cents...;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts