Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any out there still?
Have tried corbin, OEM, and sargent all with too much crotch in the tank. Just put 1" risers on which are certainly comfortable on the wrists but with an aerostich im sliding on the tank front to back.
Or do I just need some tank grip pads.....I really want to make this bike work for me.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I wear an Aerostich some and have a DP comfort seat and love both. No slipping here. Rarely see them come up for sale.

Paul 03 ST4s, 15 675RX, 96 ZX11, 76 KZ900LTD B-1, 72 SL125

·
Registered
355 Posts
I took to my Sargent seat with a carving knife and removed some foam from the rear portion of the seat and glued some of it back on the front which has given me a flat seat with no downward slope to the tank.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all, will probably look to re-position some sargent foam whilst looking for the unicorn DP seat.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Thanks all, will probably look to re-position some sargent foam whilst looking for the unicorn DP seat.
Please define what you mean by "DP seat." I have an '05 ST3 I bought used that came with an older ST seat. I've since acquired the correct seat for that model year. I've also since acquired the same seat as a spare (I'm always interested in picking up Duc goodies when the opportunity presents itself) just in case. So, whadya need??

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking for the aftermarket Ducati performance seat. Although I have read that there was a change in OEM seats in 04 that are supposedly much better than the earlier ones and similar to the DP. Any interest in letting the spare go before i attempt to modify my Sargent ?
Eric.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
556 Posts
Here's what my DP comfort seat looks like.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Here's what my DP comfort seat looks like.

My comfort seat has the same number on the seat pan as the original ST3 seat. My wife finds it much more comfortable than the stock one.

David

·
Registered
556 Posts
I never recd the stock seat when purchasing this bike but doesn't matter cause my wife loves this seat also. Almost have to twist her arm to ride the ZX11 with stock seat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts