Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed Ducati Performance (also says "Remus" on them) last night on 99 900ssie. They sound great. Finally not ashamed to be seen riding it. Haha. (Stock exhaust sounds like crap)

Anyway, I've made no other changes. So it has stock ECU. Should I be making additional changes to realize benefits (other than sound) of DP exhaust? Open the airbox? Re-something the ECU? I have a PCIII I can pull off my ST3s (it's still in project status) if it would help.

If it makes any difference, although not necessarily by design, bike has turned into more of a track bike than a street bike. Ergos are too uncomfortable for me to ride much on street.

Michael

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
If you can get software to trim the ecu that's all you likely need unless you open the airbox. If you open the airbox you WILL need a different map in the ecu. A PCIII is okay in a pinch but if you can get the Dp map in there you will not need it. Again with just a slip on exhaust and CLOSED airbox you should be able to get away with just trimming the ecu you have.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts