Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know if someone here have the ducati performance racing seat for the Streetfighter.

I would like a review about it. (feeling VS stock, height VS stock etc...)

Thanks !:D

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Anthony
Can you advise;
If the seat is a more heavily cushioned version of the stock seat.?
Is it the same surface finish / material?
What is the cost please?
Thank you in advance

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Anthony
Can you advise;
If the seat is a more heavily cushioned version of the stock seat.?
Is it the same surface finish / material?
What is the cost please?
Thank you in advance

$199.20 retail, $189.24 member price. It is a fabric like neoprene... but more resistant to tearing. It is not more heavily cushioned than the stock seat - it is a race seat!

Part number: 96999510B

Streetfighter race seat at store.commoto.com

·
Registered
52 Posts
Definitely much firmer than stock, but not uncomfortable.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Thanks for all the info on this seat. It sounds very similar to the DP neoprene seat I had on my 848. It ripped after just two track days :(

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
They're on Ebay for $220.00.
I'll be waiting for Sargent, at least I know it will be worth it!

·
Registered
465 Posts
They're on Ebay for $220.00.
I'll be waiting for Sargent, at least I know it will be worth it!
Got mine today. Haven't had a chance to put it on and try it yet. It is a little thicker in the front area so it looks like it will supports you from sliding up against the tank. Its also much grippier and its actually black instead grey. I'll let you all know more once I've tried it out. Oh also picked up the DP rear hugger! Finally :D

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
The DP seat looks great but I do wonder about the longevity of the foam....

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
The DP seat looks great but I do wonder about the longevity of the foam....
It is NOT foam. The superbike seats used to be neoprene which is the foam you're referring to... but these are not neoprene.

They are some kind of material that is much like neoprene, except they don't chunk apart. These are actually covers over the seat where the neoprene was a solid piece that would come apart.

So the longevity will be very good on these compared to neoprene. Ducati should have came out with this first as it will be very hard to convince people these are not the same thing since they look almost the same - as you can see from the comments in this thread from people who haven't used or seen it and just assume it is the same thing (no offense meant at all!).

·
Registered
465 Posts
+1 I had the Sargent on my 1098. Best seat ever and one of the nicest looking seats around!!!
It just depends on what your going to use the bike for. The Sargeants are nice for street/touring but not for the track.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Got mine yesterday

so, as promised, I will provide my 2 cents.

First, and least important, the deep black of the seat looks great, especially on a black streetfighter,

As others have noted, the seat is now foam of some sort, with a cover that grips. I believe that the seat is designed to be flatter front to back than the stock seat. Cuddling the tank is now a choice, not a requirement. At six feet tall, I find the racing seat to be more comfortable than the stock. It is much easier now to balance and keep the weight off of my arms.

Minuses may be that the cover layer of the seat can shift. Like some of DP's gel seats, this can result in wrinkles where the cover is pushed toward the edges. After an hour's ride, it was easy to smooth them out, but there is no telling what will happen in the long term. Also, although I like my position better, the race seat seems slightly higher than stock, which may make the bars a slightly longer reach. I find it much better than the stock seat, but I can not promise that you will.

I still wish I could get a bar riser that moved the bars slightly up and back (but will stick with the stock bars until then). Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I still wish I could get a bar riser that moved the bars slightly up and back (but will stick with the stock bars until then). Hope this helps.
Have you tried the Rizoma bar? Same lenght, a bit taller and swept back with the straighter bars vs the clip on SF style.
I tried the Renthal and also the Rizoma, Rizoma is where is at, hands down, just like a 14 tooth sprocket on a monster, a must!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts