Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone is talking about the DP Racing seat. I am think I'm going to purchasing one, but I have one quick question to those of you with the DP Racing Seat.

How is the DP Racing Seat when you have a passsenger? I know I want the seat for when I ride single, but my wife rides with me on the weekends. Will the "bump" in the seat be annoying or uncomfortable for a passenger?

Thanks for the heads up guys - Later.

·
Registered
592 Posts
who cares. just put the stocker back on if thats what she likes. I've had people on the back of the race seat and they didn't moan about the seat. I'd say its more comfy for smaller people as its less wide and won't cut off leg circulation.

don't care anymore as i have no rear pegs :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
DP racing seat w/passenger

Greetings,

I took the wife for a ride last weekend (I have the DP race seat) and she found it tolerable for the first half hour or so, but after about an hour, she felt the seat was uncomfortable.

BTW, she is about 5'4" and 125 lbs.I found her to be leaning in to me more so than I recalled from past rides on other bikes.

Since I have not had the chance to run the stock seat and the wife, I can't comment on before and after....

Best regards,

Joe

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the heads up. Thats what I was afraid of. I will probably stay away from buying the DP Racing seat now.

BTW - I've logged may miles w/my girl on the back (with the stock seat) and she loves it. Thats why I was hesitant about changing it up. Then again she is was also used to riding on the back of my GSXR, so the Hyper style is night and day difference alone.

- Take care.

·
Registered
132 Posts
One really great thing about the Hyper is that the seat takes all of 1 minute to change... use the Racing for yourself and change to the stocker when going out with the lady.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
True - it is hella easy to switch. I just cant justify a $250 purchase that won't be used 100% of the time. I'm cheap and lazy!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
True - it is hella easy to switch. I just cant justify a $250 purchase that won't be used 100% of the time. I'm cheap and lazy!
Maslow would be proud, you have achieved the top of your pyramid!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts