Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I Wear The Silver Badge
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've been riding since it's warming up, and I am annoyed by one thing. My pant legs ride up my legs so bad, I'm constantly pulling down my pants. The legs that is. Jeans, 5.11's, it don't matter. I have a stock seat, and I don't mind it at all comfort wise. First bike I've had this issue with. Coming from motocross, riding up on the tank isn't a big deal. But if that's why me pant legs are riding up, I'm in for a DP race seat? I will not get the comfort seat, because I will not have red on my bike (everybody has their quirks). Will the DP race seat, fix my problem? I'm 5'9".

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i swapped the stocker for a dp race and i'm loving it. mostly for comfort reasons, which you say you don't mind... the dp seat is a tiny bit slimmer, definitely contoured differently, but the cover is also much grippier than the stocker, and i'm guessing this is what is causing the drawers to ride up. i have had the same problem. i hate looking down and seeing the tops of my boots.... i solved the problem by buying a pair of dainese air tex pants. they don't ride up:)

·
Registered
865 Posts
Well I don't think the seat will help, you don't notice the pant riding up riding moto because the pants are inside your boot. The bottom line is you have to where longer pants. Sit down in any chair and look where your pant legs are... about 1 -2 inches higher than when standing especially if you move your knee out a bit. I bought Shift Havocs for cruising town type riding, and they are great and are leather for more protection and they have wieght to hold them from riding up to much.

·
Registered
245 Posts
It is not just you. I noticed the same thing with the pants bunching up where they should not be. I found that every time I come to a red light I need to make a minor adjustment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts