Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey All,

So I was able to get my hands on a Race ECU from a member (thanks john).

My Plan is to get a Mivv or SC Project Exhuast soon (once i pay some bills), but was wondering would i do any damage installing the DP ecu with the stock setup in the meantime? Obv its not ideal and most likely wont get much advantage, but my main concern is doing any damage or making it run incorrect.

I was thinking it might smooth out the low surging? but then was thinking more fuel without the exhuast/filter may make it run rich (mayby too much)?

Thoughts?

Its hard for me not to install parts as soon as i get them lol

Thanks..

·
Registered
138 Posts
one approach might be to get it on a dyno get a base run with the stock set-up. See where the A/F ratios are and then plug in the DP ECU for another run and compare.

I doubt there would be any chance of hurting the DP ECU but as you already mentioned, you probably will not recognize the full benefit without intake and exhaust changes.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
one approach might be to get it on a dyno get a base run with the stock set-up. See where the A/F ratios are and then plug in the DP ECU for another run and compare.

I doubt there would be any chance of hurting the DP ECU but as you already mentioned, you probably will not recognize the full benefit without intake and exhaust changes.
Yea, im not so much worried about the DP ECU, but more with the Running condition of the motor.

·
Registered
138 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Looks like I misunderstood when you said "but my main concern is doing any damage or making it run incorrect."

My response is still valid, the only way to know the A/F is to get it on a Dyno or buy a set of wide-band lambdas and a data-logger like this - Dynojet Wide Band 2 Product Details, WB2 Product Information, Air/Fuel Ratio Monitor Kit
Thanks, But honestly seems like a bit much, especially since I am only planning on running it with stock exhuast temporarily until i have my Mivv System.

I do appreciate you input tho.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thanks, But honestly seems like a bit much, especially since I am only planning on keeping it on temporarily until i have my Mivv System.

I do appreciate you input tho.
Well, the ECU is a pretty easy swap, you can always throw it in and see how she runs. I doubt it will run lean, the performance ECU most likely has a richer fuel map to coordinate with the intake and exhaust performance pieces. Running rich shouldn't hurt anything.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, the ECU is a pretty easy swap, you can always throw it in and see how she runs. I doubt it will run lean, the performance ECU most likely has a richer fuel map to coordinate with the intake and exhaust performance pieces. Running rich shouldn't hurt anything.
Gotcha Thanks. Definitely No issue with the cat converter getting hot while running rich? (in your opinion)...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually dont even worry about it. Ordered my Exhuast :laugh:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Went with the SC Project. It was between the MiVV and SC but motivation had the Sc in stock so I grabbed it!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If anyone's wondering, I put in the DP ECU today (what a pain to get in there) and still had the stock exhuast on.

I only rode a few miles, but the bike ran great. definitely a lot smoother! power seemed about the same, although i really didn't get a chance to put it through my usual paces. wont ride it most likely until my exhuast gets here, but seemed to be just fine incase anyone was considering it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts