Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using the shorter travel DP throttle on the street? Is it streetable if you have good control? The stock unit I find almost impossible to give full gas, as in my wrist has to turn too much to be comfortable and stable.

Shawn

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Anyone using the shorter travel DP throttle on the street? Is it streetable if you have good control? The stock unit I find almost impossible to give full gas, as in my wrist has to turn too much to be comfortable and stable.

Shawn
I used a Yoyodyne throttle on my base 749 with good results. It has 3 interchangable cams to change the rate of twist. I used the middle cam which gave approx. 70 degrees turn to WOT, and the fastest cam on the track. On a base 749, that was not a problem due to the limited power of the engine. On a 1098, that may be quite a handful. The best part of have a quick-turn throttle is it really makes you pay attention to your right hand, helping the rider inmprove throttle control.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used a Yoyodyne throttle on my base 749 with good results. It has 3 interchangable cams to change the rate of twist. I used the middle cam which gave approx. 70 degrees turn to WOT, and the fastest cam on the track. On a base 749, that was not a problem due to the limited power of the engine. On a 1098, that may be quite a handful. The best part of have a quick-turn throttle is it really makes you pay attention to your right hand, helping the rider inmprove throttle control.
Yoyoma :))) sounds like the plan, I'll look around for it, I like interchangable stuff...I bought the sprocket kit from Bellissimoto with same idea...3 sprockets for different use/change it up once in a while etc.

I'm pretty good with the throttle, though obviously that will be determined after changing the throttle lol...

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
I have the DP quick turn on my 1098S, it works great on the street and obviously on the track too. Very smooth and puts power down quickly, no re-gripping.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the DP quick turn on my 1098S, it works great on the street and obviously on the track too. Very smooth and puts power down quickly, no re-gripping.
Thanks man, I'll order it...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts