Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the DP rear bag and semi rigid panniers for the 696 or 1100? I'd love to hear some reviews and/or see a photo of them mounted on the bike.

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Same here, would like to see the rear seat bag that attaches to the rear and then attaches with zipper 18L capacity.

Whos got a pic of this we can see attached to their bike?

·
Registered
503 Posts
18 litre bag

Hi Guys,

I have just advertised this bag in the classifieds....the attached pic of the bag is mounted to my GT3!

I can believe I don't have any pics of the 696 with the bag mounted.

I have recently traded my 696. The bag is an excellent fit.....and you will find you leave the bottom part attached to the bike all the time. The side compartments are quite water resistant & they have a flap that covers the zipper. The side compartments are big enough to carry your phone, glasses, a small water bottle ( 500ml).

I bought it to do a trip that never eventuated.......it's the best fitting Ducati accessory I have ever seen....some of the accessories I have bought for the GT are rubbish. I bought a rear chrome guard that does not even fit the bike....third world rubbish! Cheers Roger

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Tail Bag

I've got this tail bag for my 696. As mentioned above the bag fits perfectly and is very well made. The back of the bag slips over the back edge of the seat and attaches in the front with the two bolts that hold the plastic pillion cover on. Come to think of it, it attaches the same way the plastic cover does.
When fully expanded it holds quite a bit. I've had a full gym bag, lunch and rain pants in mine - a tight fit but it all got in there.
However the bag is quite tall and you have to watch for it when getting on or off the bike that you don't kick it with your foot when swinging your leg over the bike. I've put a couple of scuff marks on the bag cover when I've forgotten it was there.
Because it's so easy to attach/detach I usually take the whole thing off and put the plastic cover back on when I don't need the bag. But that's just personal choice, I just like the looks of the plastic cover better. It does easily unzip from it's base, and leaving the base on does give you the two smaller pockets to store things.
I bought mine used and the original owner told me that the manual that comes with it (I didn't get it) states that you shouldn't excede 80 mph with the bag on the bike. I've had mine up over 100 mph with no ill effects.
It also comes with a handle, removable backpack strap and rain cover.
Sorry I don't have any pictures of the thing on the bike but I'll see if I can get some this weekend.

·
Registered
503 Posts
It can even be mounted to a GT by using straps where the side screws would normally hold it in place. On the monster it can go nowhere because it's bolted in position.

I might have the manual somewhere too....I will see if I can scan it and put it in here.

Our maximum speed limit here is 110kph.....about 70MPH so that's as fast as my bag would have gone. :D

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you think the tail bag alone would be large enough to pack for a weekend trip?

If a guy DOES need more room, what do you think is the best option? I've seen both tank bags as well as side panniers for the new style Monster. It would be nice to have everything on the back and out of the way. On the other hand, it might be better to balance out the load a little with a tankbag.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Here you go

I also mounted a tank bag. Tank bag is not DP; it is lage strap on bag made by Nelson-Riggs and is very nice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts