Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Version 2.4 release. (The replacement for Kokusan ignition modules) Wondering if anyone can speak in further detail of what these boxes did or didn't accomplish for them, there's very little info floating about regarding them and virtually all of it is anecdotal. As I understand it they provide an ignition advance that's smoother and more suitable for big bore and/or high compression top ends. Really wondering tho if that's it, or did it improve running/riding characteristics? Smoother idles, steadier RPM's, easier starts, better throttle response? People speak of the Kokusan units as being crude but I'm def no sparky and I lack the technical understanding to even wrap my head around what that even means or why it is...I simply prefer to ride my bike lol. This is why my Ignitech is currently for sale, I bought a unit that's capable of doing things that are far over my head. Went back to my black Kokusan boxes to rule out some running issues and feel no reason to go back to the Ignitech as I can't detect a difference. But I do have a HC 944 kit and my dealer has a pair of the DP's at a good price that I'll pick up if it's a worthwhile upgrade.

I'm probably dating myself here, not many of you are riding old carby bikes with this ignition, I'm sure...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But I do have a HC 944 kit...
OK, there's a clue. So we're talking about an aircooled bike. That narrows it down a little.

This is why we're constantly asking folks to fill out their profiles and, important in this case, include their current ride in their signature line.
No offense but your lecture is irrelevant. I'm inquiring about a part that is proprietary to an extremely specific bike: an air cooled, carburetted, Ducati twin, and anyone capable of contributing to this thread would know that. ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyhoo...I didn't expect there'd be many sparkies left on the forums these days, was a bit of a hail mary. Seems like it was just yesterday that it was 2006 and tons of dudes on these boards were retrofitting split FCR's on their race bikes and cobbling up something to take the place of the ECU for ignition duties. I don't come 'round here very often.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts