Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a red Ducati Performance silicone hose kit and wondered if anyone else has installed one. The stock hoses have some subtle bends that the DP kits does not,though they look like they will fit,I'm wondering if those sublte bends they don't have will impede flow.....John

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
I recently bought a red Ducati Performance silicone hose kit and wondered if anyone else has installed one. The stock hoses have some subtle bends that the DP kits does not,though they look like they will fit,I'm wondering if those sublte bends they don't have will impede flow.....John
Only if you notice significant bending/binding (causing a reduction of internal diameter) of the hoses after you fit them on. I would maybe place them in a pot of warm/hot water (~75-80 degC) when you put them on. Might make it easier (assuming you don't boil your hands:p).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just bought the Samco kit for my 748 and while shopping for them on fleabay I found the DP set for the S4Rs,I paid only $85.00 for the DP kit which retails I believe for $189.00. After looking at the kit and comparing them to the stock hoses I realized there are slight differances.I called DOA they said they would get back to me. Hope I didn't waste my money on these.....John

·
Registered
871 Posts
I just bought the Samco kit for my 748 and while shopping for them on fleabay I found the DP set for the S4Rs,I paid only $85.00 for the DP kit which retails I believe for $189.00. After looking at the kit and comparing them to the stock hoses I realized there are slight differances.I called DOA they said they would get back to me. Hope I didn't waste my money on these.....John
You're the one who out bid me on those hoses, I'm starting to feel better about not winning. :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Montducati, I may end up with a set of Samcos for the monster because at first the sent me the wrong color for my 748,so they want to reimburse me to ship the wrong ones back to the UK. Let me know if you want these DP hoses for what I paid for them or I might just put them back on Ebay...John

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok,Today I installed the DP hose kit and there were no drastic bends and every thing fit well and no leaks. I guess when I ride it this weekend I'll find out if there are any cooling problems...John

·
Registered
698 Posts
Ok,Today I installed the DP hose kit and there were no drastic bends and every thing fit well and no leaks. I guess when I ride it this weekend I'll find out if there are any cooling problems...John
Very cool - please post up some pics.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well,I rode it this weekend,no leaks no overheating,everythings fine.I will try to post pics later this week...John

·
Registered
1 Posts
http://www.liangdianup.com/sporting_1.htm

Has anyone bought this type of sling shot before that holds the amo in the handle?
this company has free shipping to anywhere in the world and they guarantee delivery to Australia. I heard that sling shots
are ok to sell in Australia as long as you say they are being used to toss bait in the water when you go fishing, any truth
to thatone?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Some village is missing its idiot..........John

·
Registered
871 Posts
Has anyone bought this type of sling shot before that holds the amo in the handle?
this company has free shipping to anywhere in the world and they guarantee delivery to Australia. I heard that sling shots
are ok to sell in Australia as long as you say they are being used to toss bait in the water when you go fishing, any truth
to thatone?
What am I missing here? Can someone bring me up to speed?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts