Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I've fitted the Fog lights with the Enduro kit, hooked up the wiring the connector.
Do you need Ducati to activate the fog light function through the computer?:frown2:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi I've fitted the Fog lights with the Enduro kit, hooked up the wiring the connector.
Do you need Ducati to activate the fog light function through the computer?:frown2:
You need to take it to the dealer and have them enable the aux lights with the Ducati scan tool. I just did it this week and the dealer charged me 0.3 hours.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you ill try that.
Ive persisted with these fog lights and traced the wiring
Fog lights have 3 wires, outside are red/blue & black, centre is yellow.
The wiring harness supplied with the fog lights are dated march 2015, outside wires are red & black, centre is white/green.
BUT the fog light harness to fog lights have the outside wires mixed ie red/blue to black (NOT red/blue to red,not black to black)
The connector under the tank to the fog light harness have also the outside wires mixed also red to black, black to red.
So with the fog light wiring harness connected to the connector under the tank, igition turned on, now the black has become a positive at the fog light's, the earth is now a red wire.! (centre wire i think is a signal)

Question....does the wiring to be changed red to red, black to black?(not game to swap the outside wires)
Or does the fog lights still need to be activated by Ducati DDS?
The bike is a 2015 multisrada 1200S dvt touring pack.
Any thoughts help would be appreciated.??

·
Registered
869 Posts
See post #3, a dealer needs to plug into your bike and active that circuit.

Honestly, I have them on mine, they provide usable light up to 15mph, beyond that you are out riding their light spread.

I still have mine mounted but have added some LED driving lights.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,
They look good, a couple of questions are they wired in conjuction with the original lights or are on a seperate circuit?
Also are the extra led lights bright enough for you?

Was the DP fog lights lights fitted by you or the dealer? If by you did you have difficulty like i have?
Cheers

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hi,
They look good, a couple of questions are they wired in conjuction with the original lights or are on a seperate circuit?
Also are the extra led lights bright enough for you?

Was the DP fog lights lights fitted by you or the dealer? If by you did you have difficulty like i have?
Cheers
They are on a separate circuit with their own switch. At some point I may take the trigger point from the high beam circuit, but leave the switch in the circuit. That way they will come on wth the high beams, but have the flexibility of being turned off by the switch.

They are super bright and flood very nicely at night.

The DP fog lights came on the bike as part of one of the packages, the Enduro package, I think.

The DP lights, I've taken them off and put them back on, when I had the crash bars powder coated. Pretty simple install, but they need to have the circuit activated by a dealer plugging their magic computer into the bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts