Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend in Seattle has finally gotten his 696 DP fender eliminator. He thought it was too expensive and ill fitting since it is designed for European plates, they tend to be on the large side. He installed the Competition Werks instead. He said it is cheaper and you can get it as under the brake light or way toward the front. He sent me images and I will post later.

Anyone else here got his/her DP Fender Eliminator too?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried to upload these images five times to no avail. This is just too irritating. I will post them on the other Monster forum.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Got my DP kit in on Thursday. About an hour & 1/2 to install. Sure wish the damn Italians would use some of that money I spent to print the damn directions illustrations in color. Would have saved me half the time. Seriously, how much does it cost to print the 4 pages in color, so you can actually see the pictures? Looks great, but I need to take a die grinder to the plate holder as it's made for EU plates. I cut the bottom half off. Also needed to modify the plate holes to fit US standard plates. Next will be the Rizoma LED lights. Clean & mean!

·
Registered
120 Posts
This looks really sexy! :cool:

I have a few questions.

How hard is this to move the lock?

I am actually hoping to tuck the license plate a bit further back (about where the pipe splits). Is it possible to easily move the plate back there using this kit?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts