Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize if this has been discussed before but I could not find any threads on the subject.

I am looking for aftemarket exhaust for my 04 ST4s. I found that with DP, for 04 and later bikes they only sell the slip ons with ECU and airbox as a kit (about $1250). However, for 03 and older they sell the slip ons as a stand alone item. Does anyone know why? Are there any technical reasons the "older" slip ons would be deficient on 04 and later bikes?

Other companies like Sil Motor and Arrow do not differentiate between 04 and newer bikes.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I got the DP Cans & Airbox together last year...

they offered it as an optional kit without the ECU. I went with a PCIII, so I didn't need the ECU, and it was a good bit cheaper that way. Don't know if they discontinued it for this year or not! My bike is an '05 ST4s, so I hope that helps some.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Does anyone know if the "older" spec DP pipes are any different?

·
Registered
824 Posts
No Problem

Sig, I have DP carbon slip-ons that I bought in late '99 or early 2000. They were on my '99 ST4 for about 15,000 miles & now they are on my '04 ST4s with another 9k on them. The dealer I bought the '04 from tried to tell me they wouldn't work, but they just want to sell you the new stuff. To be sure, I called Bruce @ BCM (highly respected Ducati tuner) and he told me put them on, no problem. He said next time I had the bike serviced that the stock ECU could be adjusted. So I rode the bike for about 5k miles before I had it in for the 6k service & I had no issues whatsoever with the way the bike ran before the service. The newer DP cans have the bracket built into the can & the older ones had a muffler body clamp around them for mounting (mine). I had to get some new clamps & I found that Kerker makes a clamp that fits & I like the look of it better than the ones that came with mufflers.Here's a picture of my old DP slip-ons with over 20k miles on them.
Be safe, Gregg

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts