Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How good are the maps in the DP ECU's? Are there guys out there with better maps available for my Euro spec 998s with 50mm Termi's? I'm guessing Tom Tom has good maps, how about the ones from Motowheels. Does anyone have experience with re-flashed ECU they'd like to share? Cheers.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
I dont have any experience and would like to hear some comments also as I am not real happy with the DP chip in my 996. I have never had good luck with the Power Commanders. I should say they were the older models PC1 and PC2, have they gotten better?

·
Senior Narcissista
5,737 Posts
Well my answer may be biased lol.
DP maps for 998S/996R leaves a lot to be desired.
Also pull the tank and make sure the butterflies opens fully, if not grind the stop.
996R, 998S, 998R has all had not properly opening TB's.

Harry from oz is on this forum, I flashed his ecu and Brad Black timed the cams, maybe he can chime in how it works now.

·
2001 996R
329 Posts
996r ecu

Hi,

As Tom as stated above he re-flashed the ECU for my 996R to run slightly revised cam timing.

Not only does the bike run flawlessly with Tom's ECU in place (perfect low down and pulls great all the way through the rev range) but the service that Tom provided was excellent. I shipped the ECU to Tom from Australia and it was back with me within two weeks.

I would highly recommend that anyone that has a 996R / 998S use Tom to ensure that they are getting the most out of their bikes.

Cheers,

Harry.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like Tom's the man for the job as I suspected, :D Will hunt up an ECU and send it to him, I guess I should keep the original. Any 998 ECU wil suffice right? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Very good. I knew I had the right place to ask. Sending you pm Tom.

·
Senior Narcissista
5,737 Posts
The basic hardware needed is called 59M.
From were the ecu side is shorter pull right top sticker off, it should say 59M HW010, thats the right one. HW as in hardware and 010 is it.

Dont get fooled by looks as there are numerous other hardwares in the same physical box.

Most 59M prior to 2004 will do, they will typically be HW010, avoid the fat silver stickered ones, SS and monster.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts