Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if this ECU will eliminate the engine fault light when removing the exhaust flapper valve, does it also remove the closed loop portion of the injection maps?

Thanks
Bart

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Does anyone know if this ECU will eliminate the engine fault light when removing the exhaust flapper valve, does it also remove the closed loop portion of the injection maps?

Thanks
Bart
Yes and yes.

·
Registered
228 Posts
yes it does, I removed my the servo motor and flapper valve, replaced pipe with one from spark, see seperate earlier post

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh great, my first post has a typo in the subject line.

Thanks for the quick response guys !

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Oh great, my first post has a typo in the subject line.
Noted and this won't look good on your resume :D

Another point to note, remove your o2 sensor and fit the bung and remove the sensor from the loom or your ECU will still take info from it which you don't want it to do, so unplug it.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm actually getting rid of the stock mufflers and going with a Leo Vince system, it replaces the flapper valve and I wanted to avoid the error associated with the exhaust servo being removed.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I have the twin termi ECU and Leo Vince pipes and the ECU did not do away with the fault light. The flapper still goes through the self check at start up. Some of the guys claim this can be disabled but my dealer knew nothing about that. Maybe that's a feature in newer ECUs? I don't know.

I ended up making a limiter for the flapper valve servo instead. It's not pretty.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have the twin termi ECU and Leo Vince pipes and the ECU did not do away with the fault light. The flapper still goes through the self check at start up. Some of the guys claim this can be disabled but my dealer knew nothing about that. Maybe that's a feature in newer ECUs? I don't know.

I ended up making a limiter for the flapper valve servo instead. It's not pretty.
This was my understanding, too. The SlipOn ECU only accounts for the lack of 02 sensor not the flapper valve. Otherwise, you have to trick the servo motor. But, I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
This was my understanding, too. The SlipOn ECU only accounts for the lack of 02 sensor not the flapper valve. Otherwise, you have to trick the servo motor. But, I could be wrong.
Yes you are both wrong, it can be disabled with the Ducati Diagnostic tool with no problem, takes less than five minutes, same area as the o2 sensor for setting it up.

I have the slipon ECU with no error codes, no valve and no o2 sensor.

Very simple to do at the stealership, unfortunately you can not access this area with the VDST.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts