Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,608 Posts
Yes.

Runs better everywhere and pulls harder all the way to the top.

No dyno tuning needed, just a proper baseline set up and CO / throttle sync adjustment. Any bike can benefit from custom dyno tuning, but the DP ECU is the best plug and play option you have IMHO.

The ECU works best with open pipes and fully open (like it comes in the DP catalog) air box lid.

BikeBoy.org - ST4S With Ducati Performance Power Kit

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Hi, I installed a 2004 5AM DP ECU on my 2001 ST4S in the spring 2014, It's best money i've spent on the bike, starting and running beautiful. K&N filter and open cans :D. No DYNO needed

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
if you fit a 2004 or later ecu to an early bike the air pressure sensor will fault as it is located in the dash and communicates with the ecu via the can bus. i have suspicion that the air temp sensor input is wrong too.

i put my u59 st4s mapping into the 5am 2004 file and it runs very well in the early bikes, but uses more fuel - from 19km/l to 16 km/l or so. i have that mapping also in an s4r 5am file, which should work correctly in the early st4s as all the sensor inputs are the same. but i haven't got to try it yet. the mapping is for cam timing reset too, which the bikes i have run it in so far haven't had done. this may account for some midrange richness, as the cam timing done will trap a little more air, but the early solid pulley bikes aren't that far off as a general rule. last one i did i moved them 4 degrees max.

this mapping is noticeably stronger in the midrange than the dp mapping.

in the s4r i am running this mapping in the fuel economy is better than the dp s4r mapping. but from memory s4r were always worse.

comparatively the 5.9m mapping for st4s is just wacky. the comparison b/w it and the 5am mapping (std or dp) varies from 0.6 to 1.6 or so. just bizarre.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I can't seem to find the Air Pressure sensor on the '04, only Air Temp (41).
The ST4S ABS models are all I could find owner's manuals with wiring diagrams of.

The '04 Owner's Manual is bugged, and has two copies of the ABS diagram.
The '03 ST4S came from the Wiki.

I understand the ST4 and ST4S use a different engine, but the wiring should be similar.
Hope they help your discussion.
(sic)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Not sure about the newer DUCS (2004 on up), but some of the ECUs have the barometric sensor built into the ECU. Look for a tiny vent hole on the ECU...
If it's "inside", it won't be on the schematic.

The ST4 uses the 1.6 ECU (same as ST2). The ST4s 2001(?) thru 2003 have the 5.9, so they WON'T be similar. Other items on the machines might be (lighting, alternator, RR, etc.)

·
Registered
131 Posts
I went with a Power Commander PC3 and dyno tune for each cylinder, about 10 years ago. It's still the best upgrade I made since buying the ST4S new in 2002.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello everybody. I am looking for the owner of st4s with a dp ECU, does anyone still use it? I got a motorcycle with a stock ECU and a full exhaust thermignoni and a sawed-off airbox.

·
Excel Addict
5,245 Posts
Two things.
@stelbo - you can post your bin here. All you need to do is add .pdf to the file extension or change from bin to pdf.
That is one of the file formats that are allowed to be uploaded here.
@tosaw - check that your ECU is a 5AM if you are going to try stelbo's bin file (it is on the label on the ECU) If it is a 59M and you load a 5AM bin you may well end up bricking it.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Thank you Punch.
I was trying to upload the map in the ECU maps repository, but I couldn't.
I will do so now.
I suppose the ''here'' is the repository.
Thanks again

·
Registered
382 Posts
I am not certain. I guess your bike is a 996 cc engine, so most probably the configuration might be the same as the 996 ST4s. Try it and see if it works.
Any one more knowledgeable with an opinion?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts