Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tried to search for info on this, but couldn't find anything
my (new to me) 2007 HM1100 has a DP ecu and a PC111 on it - its running a home made straight thru exhaust and a bored out air filter lid (not sure about anything else inside it) PO bought it like this so wasn't any help
i'm wondering why both (DP and PC)?
it runs pretty well so i'm reluctant to change anything, more interested what the PC adds to the picture
just to recognise the help i've already had from this forum, the idle was way too high (1700) until i adjusted the air screws - now a reliable 1250 and very easy starting
hoping to get more help on why i have the set up i do
thx
rory

·
Registered
674 Posts
NFI
Stock 5AM ecu doesn't need back up add on's or replacement. It can be re-mapped (download the stock map and save, upload a new modified map) without license fees or paying for anything other than a cable for your lap top. If you pay for anything else you are being ripped off.

Lonelec cable (for GUZZIDIAG / JPDIAG / DUCATIDIAG / TUNEECU), plus the Lonelec (FIAT/DUCATI/GUZZI) 3 pin to 16 pin adaptor.
These combined with IAWX reader & IAWX writer programs (free download) allow you to tune by the seat of your pants if you are smart enough.

Modern Guzzi's use the same 5AM ecu as the Hyper 1100 era Ducati's. Whenever a Guzzi fries an ECU the boys just get a stock 5AM off any Ducati and reload their own version of a Guzzi map.

Next week my bike goes on the dyno, its stock except the air box lid has been removed. I don't want a loud pipe, I like my 12 year old unmolested Hyper.
Currently it feels lean down low with a small flat spot. I will have the O2 sensor turned off, and individual fuel maps created for each cylinder.

Will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
the 2-1 dp ecu, for instance, is very rich at higher rpm. so for those who didn't have access to ecu remapping tools, fitting a pc was the easiest option, and there's much more local access to experienced pc tuners than there is ecu tuners.

whereas the 2-2 dp ecu from memory has very little or no change to the wot fuelling. don't recall now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, should have said the ex is 2 into 1 - very much like a termi, may even be a termi can,but its skewed sideways under the seat. no O2 sensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts