Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Zard slipon, DP lid, DP ecu 96519308b, and stock header w/ cat, o2, and flapper valve.

I don't a gas analyzer, but I do have a standard Vdst software. So with what I have, what fuel trim should I try?

The only thing I've done is a TPS reset, and added +5 to the fuel trim.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Take it up to about +8 on the VDST, remove/unplug/disable your o2 sensor or your adjustments will mean nothing as the o2 sensor overides anything you do.

Biggest improvement you can make is ditch the cat too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Monstaman,

I will make the changes today, and see how it is. I'll buy the Leo cat eliminator late when I get the funds:)

·
Registered
592 Posts
i just got my vdst too so I'll tweak some numbers on mine as the zard headers make it run super lean and hot in summer.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Hey Monsta..

when you set your TPS via the VDST what does it read after? mine was reading 3.1 before and now reads 3.3 after the reset with 85% being the MAX on full stop. would have thought it would reset to 0.

I've got the service manual so I'll read through that, maybe i have to tweak some screws to bottom out the throttle to set it correctly.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My stock ecu was reading about 3.1, with the DP ecu it was reading 5.5 before the tps reset. Now it's about 3.2-3.3

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yea I have the Termi 2-1-2 slip on with ZARD header. I swear the bike is running too rich.. I did take it to a dealer to do a TPS reset and set the fuel trim. I feel it runs rich and the idle is around 1150-1200. Shouldnt my idle be higher and what should I trim it to? Oh yea and I have the ECU that comes with the 2-1-2 Termis..

Thanks a lot..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Is the DP ECU making a big difference? I have one I just bought off a salvage termi bike, and I'm wondering how much better is will make my bike w/ leo's; or if I should just go with the power commander as originally planned?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Not so sure on the +8. :confused:

I have the slipon ECU, zard headers, termi 2-1-2 cans, open airbox lid and drilled bottom, stock (dirty) filter - pretty much the same as monsta.

I took mine to the dyno to get a fuel reading and I'm slightly rich at +6. (reading only the rear cyl tho)

I want to drill my exhaust out like monsta did but don't see it making a difference.

I was running at +2 and that would be way lean and would explain why it was getting hot.

I can scan the dyno and post if you want.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yea pedro you have the same setup as me :)
Huh thats what I thought .. I know its running to rich. I wanna dial it down just 1 notch and see if I notice a diff? And how often and why do you reset your tps?
Thanks alot..

·
Registered
605 Posts
Trim is only going to significantly affect idle and low demand conditions, like cruising. Think of it as a fine adjustment, once your on the gas it has little affect. If you have a rich or lean spot under load on the dyno, I doubt trim will fix it, its a mapping issue. +5 was about right with a 2-1 ECU and stock cans, no cat. LVs on mine run good at about +10 to +12. I tweak it a bit when the seasonal fuel blend changes here in spring and fall. BTW, TPS spec is 3.2 +/- .1.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts