Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does the DP comfort touring seat make the the stand over height higher or the same as the stock seat? I'm thinking about getting one when my old bike sells.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I didn't notice any difference with seat height. I found that the DP seat gives you less room to move about on the seat, though. I haven't found that to be a problem.

·
Registered
288 Posts
The trasnsition from seating area to the sides on the DP seat is a little narrower and more rounded than the stock '03 and earlier seat. Or, at least it was for mine. This makes it easier for me to straddle the bike without the edges digging into my thighs.

A while back I posted a message with the (roug) measurements of the DP seat as compared to trhe stock 03 and earlier seat.

I'll see if I can fine it.

-Bob

·
Registered
238 Posts
DP seat

a little off the subject but the DP seat for a monster I had a few years ago had a gel top. It was pretty comfortable but the gel held the heat like crazy if it sat in the sun for any amount of time....... does the ST DPseat have a gel top?

My ST4 needs no more heat in that area!

·
Registered
288 Posts
a little off the subject but the DP seat for a monster I had a few years ago had a gel top. It was pretty comfortable but the gel held the heat like crazy if it sat in the sun for any amount of time....... does the ST DPseat have a gel top?

The DP seat for the ST does have gel for both seating areas. I have one of those cable locks that I run through my jacket sleeves and then through the grab rail. My jacket then covers the seat.

I also keep a white towel in the top box or panniers that I will put on top of the seat at times.

Oh, and as far as the measurements, I don't have any for the height. The measurements I have are for the dimensions of the seating areas compared to the stock seat.

-Bob

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
The Ducati Performance comfort seat for my 999 was 15mm taller. I was one of the best additions I've made, very comfy even for a superbike!

J

·
0 Posts
True That Man

Adrian that was the MAIN reason i went w/ sargent.Here in cali it's freakin hot bro! so my buddys warned me about those gel seats that they get so hot in the sun,its like hot rubber:eek:. The sargent seat rocks man,the laughlin run was ever so sweet:D,my butt was happy,that was a nice 7hr ride one way.Lots of gents may not know of this problem cause its never came up here on this site,their nice expensive seats but my sargent dont turn to hot rubber like the dp seat does,beware.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,919 Posts
Somewhere in this forum there was a fellow who superimposed pictures of each seat, one over the other to show the subtle differences.
It was over 6 months ago I think.
I will continue to search for you.

Craig

·
Premium Member
6,919 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
does anyone know if the DP comfort touring seat is available? my local dealer says it is currently unavailable, and unsure if it will be re-stocked.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Plus one for the Seargant seat. Absolutely great quality and wonderful comfort. Looks great too with the red, white and green flag too.

Mark

1 - 12 of 12 Posts