Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took the plunge and went for the Ducati Performance Comfort Seat. Immediately I noticed it was much more comfortable to sit on, but it's way higher, which makes your riding position less upright, putting more strain on the wrists. I'm not completely sold on it yet because of this, but here's a comparison photo I took:

^ For you short(er) people who already have an issue riding the SF, this may help give you a perspective on the DP seat.

·
Registered
68 Posts
So I took the plunge and went for the Ducati Performance Comfort Seat. Immediately I noticed it was much more comfortable to sit on, but it's way higher, which makes your riding position less upright, putting more strain on the wrists. I'm not completely sold on it yet because of this, but here's a comparison photo I took:

^ For you short(er) people who already have an issue riding the SF, this may help give you a perspective on the DP seat.
Thanks for the comparison shot! That definitely has swayed me towards a different seat. I'm not the tallest person in the world at 5'9", so adding height is not really something I care to do on my SF.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
I'm not sure how you did that overlap shot but it's pretty neat. I'm also short and I'm already at my limits with the stock seat height. I guess I won't be getting another seat because they all seem to be taller. A taller seat won't work for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
635 Posts
I've also just put that seat on and can vouch for the increased height, not a problem for me as far as reaching the ground (6'0") but more weight on my wrists has me considering a taller bar lately.

I'm beginning to see how this will play out: new seat requires a new bar requires adjustable rearsets requires more trackdays requires a new Pani S......why isn't my wife able to follow this simple logic? :D

·
Registered
713 Posts
I'm also short and I'm already at my limits with the stock seat height. I guess I won't be getting another seat because they all seem to be taller. A taller seat won't work for me.
I am 5'8".
Don't like the stock seat for several reasons:
  1. shape - slopping towards tank
  2. covering material - slippery when riding in jeans
  3. height (well, maybe its more of the bike height but nevertheless).
After much research, I pulled the trigger and ordered a Sargent seat. I should be receiving it this/next week. Next will do suspension setup. I really hope together these will improve my comfort and turn my SF into the URM (ultimate riding motorcycle)

·
Registered
218 Posts
dp seat

Just FYI. I have the DP seat. Love it! But you cannot fit a Bazzaz ZFI-QS under there without removing the exhaust valve motor. I tried a few ways and finally, buh bye exhaust servo. Now there is perfect room. I cant say anything about the stock seat since I never tried one. But Bazzaz seems to think the Control unit will fit with a stock seat. :think:

The ZFI will work just barely though.

Just saying.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm beginning to see how this will play out: new seat requires a new bar requires adjustable rearsets requires more trackdays requires a new Pani S......why isn't my wife able to follow this simple logic? :D
Dude.. you have no idea.. just how much I want to do this :eek:

At some point when you've changed everything about the bike, trying to get something else, you have to realize it wasn't the right bike. For some reason I've never wanted to change a bike so much as with the Streetfighter :rolleyes: but we'll see. I'm not giving up yet!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The DP racing seat does it for me. Too bad you don't have one for a comparison pic.
If you still have the stock seat, take some photos! I'd love to see the differences. If this DP seat is too annoying after a while, I may switch to the Sargent.

·
Registered
132 Posts
If you still have the stock seat, take some photos! I'd love to see the differences. If this DP seat is too annoying after a while, I may switch to the Sargent.
The racing seat is quite a bit higher than the stock one too....kind of surprised me the first time I got on it after switching them out.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Mistasam, I'd be interested in your DP seat if you decide to let it go.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thank u for the photo comparison now I definitely need to reduce the height of my bike. Anyone using the pillion comfort seat?

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
I am 5'8".
After much research, I pulled the trigger and ordered a Sargent seat. I should be receiving it this/next week. Next will do suspension setup. I really hope together these will improve my comfort and turn my SF into the URM (ultimate riding motorcycle)
I think you'll like the Sargent. It's just about the lowest seat available.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Great photo comparison!

Keep in mind that if the bike is a bit too tall, suspension setup might help. I'm 5'10 and was on my tippy toes before suspension setup. With the sag properly set, now I can easily flat foot it. The rear spring was set far too stiff from the factory and the bike wasn't settling when I sat down.

I'm thinking about adding the comfort seat, but I don't want more wrist strain. I would probably have to add 2012 bars to compensate.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mistasam, I'd be interested in your DP seat if you decide to let it go.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I'm going on a 300 mile ride this week, so that will determine a lot I think. It's comfy for sure, but it may be too awkward for me :rolleyes:

·
Registered
148 Posts
I am 5'8".
Let us know how you get on with the Sargent seat.
I agree. I don't like the shape and it's not comfortable.
It's slippery as hell for my leathers but I seem OK in (kevlar) jeans
I'm only 5'7" so the bike's already a bit high for me

Cheers

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've had the Sargent seat for about three weeks on my SF848. It's way more comfy than stock , is lower and a tad wider so it's about same height as stock.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Being 6.1. the dp seat is a no brainer for me but i also have 814 renthals on so its all good.
My fat arse shoves the seat back down anyway

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm noticing after the first 2 weeks of ownership that the sloping seat is causing me to slide downward and thus smashing my junk into the tank. Does the DP comfort seat prevent this from happening?

·
Temporary greeter
23,076 Posts
I'm noticing after the first 2 weeks of ownership that the sloping seat is causing me to slide downward and thus smashing my junk into the tank. Does the DP comfort seat prevent this from happening?
I don't know, but the DP racing seat definitely does for me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts