Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my bike with this installed on it and to be honest I really don't need/ want it. I am looking to sell it but heard that if I disconnect it the bike will not start unless you insert a certain plug into the connector where you disconnected the alarm system.

Is this true? If so where would I buy this plug? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
With today's bikes having can bus it is probably possible that it may not start. I would contact the dealer and ask. My guess is that it will crank as long as the key is within distance to be recognized. Did you get a manual with the alarm? I don't know if there is any information about the alarm in the bikes owners manual. You can always unplug it and try and see what it will do, then plug it back in if need be. On another thought if you want to sell the alarm, I might be interested in it. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks pianoman.

I received some bad info. I just unplugged it and it started right up. It didn't need any plug or have to reconnect anything else. I have one guy interested in buying it. If it falls through I will let you know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts