Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i narrowed my bike choice down to two: '02 ST2 with 16K miles and '03 Triumph Sprint ST with 20 miles (no kidding). similar asking price, blue and dark green respectively. loaded with options and bone stock, again respectively. i will check them out tomorrow and decide. my finance manager is gone to florida for a week so perfect timing. :)

hechon

·
Registered
623 Posts
hechon said:
so i narrowed my bike choice down to two: '02 ST2 with 16K miles and '03 Triumph Sprint ST with 20 miles (no kidding). similar asking price, blue and dark green respectively. loaded with options and bone stock, again respectively.

Hate to say it but that Triumph has probably way more performance. I love the bone stock, 20 miles, too. Tell us what you get. I liked the past Sprint's looks.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Either that Duc is over priced or your getting a steal on the Triumph. I like the soul of a Ducati, but I've riden that model Sprint and it is a heck of a nice bike. I've not riden an ST2, but it has a lot less power than the Sprint. I'm sure you'll get plenty of posts of how you can mod the ST2 to get similar power to the current ST range, but it would be a lot of money to put into an older model, and you would be better off just buying a used ST3. With the Triumph you're getting a new bike. Does the Sprint have bags? It would be $1K to add them, keep that in mind. With only 20 miles, is this a dealer bike? If so you're probably going to get a nice warranty as well. Between the two, I'd have no problem grabbing that Triumph. It's a nice color as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kentamcolin said:
Does the Sprint have bags? It would be $1K to add them, keep that in mind. With only 20 miles, is this a dealer bike? If so you're probably going to get a nice warranty as well. Between the two, I'd have no problem grabbing that Triumph. It's a nice color as well.
yes it comes with the bags. it's not a dealer bike. :) i'll post more stories when/if i buy the bike tomorrow. i am looking forward to checking out the aston green. she says it's darker than the british racing green.

hechon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.