Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down (low side) on my 2007 ST3 on Sunday. Broke turn signal and upper fairing pieces on the right hand side. Even the right bag has some serious road rash. Let me know if you have any spares on plastic that you'd be willing to part with for a reasonable price.

Thanks in advance.
Brad-in-STL

·
Registered
106 Posts
Went down (low side) on my 2007 ST3 on Sunday. Broke turn signal and upper fairing pieces on the right hand side. Even the right bag has some serious road rash. Let me know if you have any spares on plastic that you'd be willing to part with for a reasonable price.

Dang me, those pics are semi ugly. Hope your right leg, arm, hand and foot are ok, let alone your head. Paint, parts and time are all you need now. Of course don't get too ticked off, to some degree it happens to almost everyone sooner or later.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually the rear end stepped out when I was exiting, rolling on the power. It caught, but I was already heading for the ditch on the opposite side. Turns out, there was some small gravel toward the center stripe that I didn't see. Rode the bike home (about 40 miles) with no issues. Except the bar (top tipple clamp) is not quite straight.

Not seeing much plastic parts on eBay (except bits that look worse than mine)... does anyone have a source?
Thanks,
Brad-in-STL

·
Registered
110 Posts
Actually the rear end stepped out when I was exiting, rolling on the power. It caught, but I was already heading for the ditch on the opposite side. Turns out, there was some small gravel toward the center stripe that I didn't see. Rode the bike home (about 40 miles) with no issues. Except the bar (top tipple clamp) is not quite straight.

Not seeing much plastic parts on eBay (except bits that look worse than mine)... does anyone have a source?
Thanks,
Brad-in-STL
To hell with the bike,,,,,are YOU OKAY?
You might try this place:
Ride On (soon)
Dave

·
Registered
750 Posts
Yeah, that was my question too - hope you are OK? Sorry, no spares to help you out. As I recall, Gotham Cycles is a forum sponsor. Perhaps they can help you out?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for asking! Road rash on right knee (wearing jeans) whacked my thigh hard (big purple bruise only) and hit my elbow hard which jacked up my right shoulder. Leather jacket with armor did a great job, only split one seam. Road rash on my helmet, which I'll now have to replace. Sucks (and embarrassing). It was a pretty mellow corner!
Helmet Rash.JPG

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yikes Brad ...your bike and helmet damage looks pretty bad. Glad to hear you're decently OK and your spirits are good. Check woundedduc.net for parts you need, they have a fairly good supply of used parts in good shape but their supply of ST stuff can be hit or miss. As for the mirrors, yours are not stock from the looks of it and I can't tell if that right mirror is damaged or if that's mostly dried mud. I always thought the stock mirrors on these STs sucked balls so I purchased a set made by FAR, SpA from Moto Science. Great mirrors IMO and easier to get on/off. I like the look of the ones you have, too, but if you can't get those anymore and need new ones, check out the Moto Science ones. The owner is a fantastic guy. I have a dark tinted Zero Gravity windscreen for the ST3 that's in overall good shape (it has a minor rub mark, though) that I'd sell you for cheap. Best of luck getting it put back together.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thanks for asking! Road rash on right knee (wearing jeans) whacked my thigh hard (big purple bruise only) and hit my elbow hard which jacked up my right shoulder. Leather jacket with armor did a great job, only split one seam. Road rash on my helmet, which I'll now have to replace. Sucks (and embarrassing). It was a pretty mellow corner! View attachment 975597

Last time I crashed (I hope it's the last time) the insurance company paid for ALL of my damaged gear no questions asked. I kept the bike and rebuilt it with their generous check doing all but the paint work myself. (the other guys insurance company not mine)
Ride On (soon)
Dave

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Steve, Those are FAR mirrors. I do like the way they stay put and don't vibe very much. The right one will definitely be a little worse for ware, so I'll check Moto Science too.

Thanks!
Brad-in-STL

·
Registered
214 Posts
Replacing the headlight fairing will be the toughest. It took me months to find one and I had to get it off Ebay in Australia. I'd suggest casting a wide net and pull the trigger when you find one.
The other parts aren't too difficult.

Good luck,

Scott

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Road rash on my helmet, which I'll now have to replace.
FWIW, there is an eBay listing that has a good price ($300) on some NOS Ducati branded Arai Signet Q’s. I bought one for my “Christmas“ present Last week.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Replacing the headlight fairing will be the toughest. It took me months to find one and I had to get it off Ebay in Australia. I'd suggest casting a wide net and pull the trigger when you find one.
That's what I was afraid of Scott. Keeping a look out.
I have it off for now while a friend tries to do some "plastic welding" as a patch while the search continues...
Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts