Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Smut peddler
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a bit belated, but after the awesome ride I had today, I need to get this out. I bought an 1100 monster EVO last year, because I wanted a bike set up as a mono, and put some cool shit to personalize it to be my bike. I found a clean, stock, low mIle one, and it was nice, but I knew from the test ride that it had the typical Ducati lean spot. After a few hundred miles, it was clear this thing ran like shit. Lurchy, idled like shit, and was a dog. I wasn't worried, because I knew from what Doug did with my hyper, this would turn out well.

For reference, this is what I had done when I dropped it off to Doug (not how I rode it prior, it was bone stock then):

-full Arrow header, stepper delete
-O2 delete
-Competition Werkes dual cans
-K&N air filter

After Doug's tuning, this thing now runs like, well, a FREAKING MONSTER! After a 400 mile ride, I couldn't stop grinning, because it will climb 4,000', decels smooth as glass, run down the highway like a cruiser, accelerate like it has an electric motor, idle and run through the city smooth, and rip though the twisty on/ off throttle like a champ. Doug is a compliment to his craft. Anyone that has the opportunity to use his services to get their bike tuned to what it can be, definitely should do so, it is worth every penny.

Thanks Doug,
John... er, Jackie

·
Bon Vivant
10,909 Posts
This is a bit belated, but after the awesome ride I had today, I need to get this out. I bought an 1100 monster EVO last year, because I wanted a bike set up as a mono, and put some cool shit to personalize it to be my bike. I found a clean, stock, low mIle one, and it was nice, but I knew from the test ride that it had the typical Ducati lean spot. After a few hundred miles, it was clear this thing ran like shit. Lurchy, idled like shit, and was a dog. I wasn't worried, because I knew from what Doug did with my hyper, this would turn out well.

For reference, this is what I had done when I dropped it off to Doug (not how I rode it prior, it was bone stock then):

-full Arrow header, stepper delete
-O2 delete
-Competition Werkes dual cans
-K&N air filter

After Doug's tuning, this thing now runs like, well, a FREAKING MONSTER! After a 400 mile ride, I couldn't stop grinning, because it will climb 4,000', decels smooth as glass, run down the highway like a cruiser, accelerate like it has an electric motor, idle and run through the city smooth, and rip though the twisty on/ off throttle like a champ. Doug is a compliment to his craft. Anyone that has the opportunity to use his services to get their bike tuned to what it can be, definitely should do so, it is worth every penny.

Thanks Doug,
John... er, Jackie

but but but you're in San Diego... Isn't Doug in the Midwest somewhere?

·
Smut peddler
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I got locked out of my photobucket account, I'll get a pic when I can.

Bulldog- He's in St Bonifacius (sp?) MN at St Boni's motorsports. The two last things I did before leaving MN for San Diego this year was kiss my momma goodbye and get my bike to Doug. I was going to go the route of the rapid bike evo, but after thinking aboot it more, decided that it was foolish to not use the best tuner around when I had easy access to him. Especially since how happy I was with what he did with my hyper, it was a no brainer. I didn't get the dyno sheet from him, because he left for vacation before I grabbed the bike, but to be honest, I really don't care. The dyno sheet is a number, the run quality is something real that you can feel and makes riding the bike all that much better. I would have sold this bike if I didn't know that it could be improved this much. And that's why it went off to Doug without hesitation or instruction.

I'm still pissed I didn't catch you in Denver last fall, Bulldog. Missed that message, and instead watched the Rockies get dismantled that night.:|

Reactions: flynbulldog

·
Registered
212 Posts
Doug

I too have had the pleasure of Doug's tuning abilities. He has tuned two bikes for me and the last was my '06 Multi, it was bone stock and I added a full Zard system to it and a free-flow filter with the intake snorkels removed. The thing runs excellent in the mid to high range and at low speed as smooth as my ATC 185 back in the day. I have nothing but great things to say about him.

Fellow member ray916 has had lots of tuning done by Doug also with great results.

Uli-

·
Registered
150 Posts
This is the guy that tuned my bike prior to me owning it. I've heard nothing but good things about him. Too bad the bike is 2,000 miles further away from him now.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Another Doug fan here. Doug ,along with Rob at Rob's Dyno Service in Mass. spent many hours tuning my 2010 Multistrada back when they had just figured out how to crack the new ecu's. Even got to meet Wayne "tuneboy" their when Multistrada tuneboy was in still in development.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Doug does great work. He has done 6 or 7 Ducatis for me.

For all of you who have not had your Ducati properly custom tuned it is in my experience one of the most cost effective performance improvements you can get for your bike. Unfortunately it doesn't come with a box you can point at to impress your friends with what you spent your cash on, but screw them. It comes with what is important, the best performance possible from your Ducati. It seems silly to me, to spend what a Ducati costs and then instead of making it run like it really should run, spending money on the glossy veneer add on or replacement stuff.

We're lucky to have Doug in our neck of the woods. Conversely, you reap what you sow. In 2012, when I bought one of the first 1199s in my area, it immediately went to Doug to be broke in on his dyno and then after its first service it went back to him so he could use it to figure out how to tune an 1199. It clearly wasn't easy to figure out and took allot of time, but if I didn't have Doug to tune Ducatis, I would likely own fewer if any Ducatis.

Lastly he's a good egg. He regularly visits my workshop to watch WSBK and MotoGP races.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts