Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Got a GT1000 with the Termi-exhaust. I'm fairly happy with it, though I'd prefer if it had just one muffler.

So I guess the question is, does anyone have any experience of converting double exhaust to just the single? I know I have to be doing lots of welding, but what do I need to consider regarding the power output etc?

Any input is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
It should work. Just need to make sure both headers are as close to equal length as possible. And, you should create a new set of headers from scratch...the GT OEM headers are double-walled and excessively heavy.

Cheers,

Tmnstr

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay Tmstr.

Yes I figured they were double walled, as they arent miscoloured as the exhaust. What do I need to consider when picking a muffler, except for looks? :p

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
It should work. Just need to make sure both headers are as close to equal length as possible. And, you should create a new set of headers from scratch...the GT OEM headers are double-walled and excessively heavy.

Cheers,

Tmnstr

What about your own double-barrel GT, Tmnstr? It's a great mod. Any idea of a single muffler system ala Termi, Shark, Arrow, etc. might work?

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
The Arrow single side muffler should fit very easily on biposto SCs as the headers drop down even more than the Termi shotguns from the mono-S1k. Not sure if the Termi single side headers will clear...but they might:)

Thanks,

Tmnstr

1 - 5 of 5 Posts