Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 06 yellow. Found one with 1400 miles. Bone stock. Im sooo stoked. Bought it and used federal to ship. Was suppose to be here on sept 5. It sat in a whatehouse till sept 7 in ny. Not one person called me. I had to track someone down to find out where the bike was. It finally showed up and the company ripped one of the grips and it was over a week late. They said I would get a refund and now no one in the refund department will answer or call me back. Extremely frustrating and horrible customer service. They were more expensive then everyone else but were suppose to be quicker. And they weren't. Don't waste your time. Use someone else

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Allied was very expensive, almost twice that I am paying by using Shipping Masters, which sent me to Daily Direct's "HAUL BIKES". From NY to CA it was $575, door-to-door with 15k insurance and $500 deductable. I sure hope It all goes well.

I will say this is taking a long time, but that's expected I suppose since I didnt want to pay a lot more to supposedly get it sooner.

I had an order # on September 6th, submitted all the paperwork to them and then they scheduled me for a September 22nd pick-up, and then supposedly 3 weeks to get it to me. So it will take a while. But 2 months from today, I wont care how long it took I guess.

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
Wow I had the complete opposite experience with Allied Federal. They were extremely responsive, I got daily email updates once the bike was picked up, and it arrived right when they originally said. The price was even the cheapest by about $50 amongst the 5 or do companies I got bids from.
Very sorry to hear your experience did not match up, you may try contacting the Better Business Beaureau, or even just threaten to the next time you call, that threat alone often motivates companies to suddenly come around

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Wow I had the complete opposite experience with Allied Federal. They were extremely responsive, I got daily email updates once the bike was picked up, and it arrived right when they originally said. The price was even the cheapest by about $50 amongst the 5 or do companies I got bids from.
Very sorry to hear your experience did not match up, you may try contacting the Better Business Beaureau, or even just threaten to the next time you call, that threat alone often motivates companies to suddenly come around
+1

I've used Federal many times in the past & have never encountered difficulties. Sorry to hear about the OP's experience. Let us know how it turns out...

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
shipped a few bikes all over usa with federal, good service and no problems. As I recall, when giving a quote they would explain that they couldnt'give an exact delivery date and it was depending on where the bike was going how fast it got there.

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts
I checked Haul Bikes, Federal and JC Motors. JC Motors was $200 cheaper than Haul Bikes and $50 cheaper than Federal. From door to door in a week and a half.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
She's here so all is well that ends well. I will just use another company next time.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
She's here so all is well that ends well. I will just use another company next time.

I'm in SD too and my yellow 06 is waiting for pick-up in NJ (eta 9/20), few weeks after it'll be here. We should meet up at some point if your that close.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts