Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my bike today from the dealer, after the fork recall. First time I rode my bike since I rode Uthatch's with full Termi system. Now my bike is slow, sounds like junk and is way worse in the sub 4k than I had perceived before.
:mad:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Haha, sorry for you, dunno personally I would never have a bike without a full system anyways.

Loud Pipes save lives yah know.

I'm in the Army and they make us wear these stupid reflective belts while riding motorcycles, what they need to do is make everyone get pipes :D

I think that stupid reflective belt makes me more of a target. I've had more close calls do to cars not seeing me with the damn thing on then when just wearing my black leather jacket. Slip the clutch and rev up my 2v and that sure gets the ignorant cage drivers attention!!

·
Registered
295 Posts
After spending a full week on an SFs with full Termi system, it's definately got me pining for one now! Just don't have the 3g's to fork over for one right now....maybe in a few years or something?

·
Trackday Junkie
1,374 Posts
You don't need the full system!

I think you will be just as happy with slip-ons, DP ecu, & a PC V or Nemesis. I read a LOT that the full system doesn't really make much power over the slip-ons. But, costs twice as much.

The $$$, needs to be spent on the fuel mapping, not the full exhaust.

In fact, SrLeadJb, next time I'm in ACH (or you're in San Diego), let's meet. You can ride my 1198S. Yeah, it makes more hp, but the point is that you should ride what the fueling *should* feel like.

·
Registered
118 Posts

I think you will be just as happy with slip-ons, DP ecu, & a PC V or Nemesis. I read a LOT that the full system doesn't really make much power over the slip-ons. But, costs twice as much.

In fact, SrLeadJb, next time I'm in ACH (or you're in San Diego), let's meet. You can ride my 1198S. Yeah, it makes more hp, but the point is that you should ride what the fueling *should* feel like.
Great avatar, Mo.

Poor pup. Relegated to "the leg"

·
Registered
185 Posts

Wrong. The full system gives you close to 10hp additional and the slip ons do not. The full system is smoother and gets rid of the flat spot and the slip ons do not. By the time you spend the money on the slip ons, chip, nemisis and dyno time with someone that knows his ass from his elbow you will be at the full system price.
Ken

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I think I still want a full system that's why I haven't got anything yet. I want to see what Arrow/Leo Vince does. I'm interested in the Motowheels one but not sure till I see a production one and see some dyno results. Also, I'd like to hear some reviews. Anyway, ultimately I'm thinking some full exhaust, Pro-Tune and PCV (with Dyno time.) I'd definitely love to check out your bike and I'd love to get the info on your dyno guru.

BTW, where is ACH?

·
Registered
309 Posts
I'm gonna hold you to that Ken...

Wrong. The full system gives you close to 10hp additional and the slip ons do not. The full system is smoother and gets rid of the flat spot and the slip ons do not. By the time you spend the money on the slip ons, chip, nemisis and dyno time with someone that knows his ass from his elbow you will be at the full system price.
Ken
:) My full system is on order. I plan to tune the AFR to perfection with a PCV (non-EX)...

I plan on a stock (flashed) ECU dyno / AFR run, a full Termi dyno / AFR run, and finally a full Termi PCV dyno / AFR run. Maybe then I can concentrate on riding the damn thing...

·
Registered
1,435 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Haha, sorry for you, dunno personally I would never have a bike without a full system anyways.

Loud Pipes save lives yah know.

I'm in the Army and they make us wear these stupid reflective belts while riding motorcycles, what they need to do is make everyone get pipes :D

I think that stupid reflective belt makes me more of a target. I've had more close calls do to cars not seeing me with the damn thing on then when just wearing my black leather jacket. Slip the clutch and rev up my 2v and that sure gets the ignorant cage drivers attention!!
That hard of hearing old lady coming in the opposite direction and making a left in front of you may not hear your bike...of course she may not be able to see you either...don't depend on a loud exhaust to keep yourself safe...

Reactions: Srt10venomous

·
Registered
328 Posts
That hard of hearing old lady coming in the opposite direction and making a left in front of you may not hear your bike...of course she may not be able to see you either...don't depend on a loud exhaust to keep yourself safe...
To true always have to be alert when riding, one of the reasons I live to ride!

·
Registered
185 Posts
:) My full system is on order. I plan to tune the AFR to perfection with a PCV (non-EX)...

I plan on a stock (flashed) ECU dyno / AFR run, a full Termi dyno / AFR run, and finally a full Termi PCV dyno / AFR run. Maybe then I can concentrate on riding the damn thing...
What language was that? :)
Ken

·
Trackday Junkie
1,374 Posts
I think I still want a full system that's why I haven't got anything yet. I want to see what Arrow/Leo Vince does. I'm interested in the Motowheels one but not sure till I see a production one and see some dyno results. Also, I'd like to hear some reviews. Anyway, ultimately I'm thinking some full exhaust, Pro-Tune and PCV (with Dyno time.) I'd definitely love to check out your bike and I'd love to get the info on your dyno guru.

BTW, where is ACH?

Also, Louie from L&L Motorsports is also based out of Palmdale/Lancaster. So when you're ready, he's somewhat nearby. What makes his dyno different is that you can actually *see* the bike getting dyno'd (most shops don't let you see, so you don't see them downloading some bs internet map...) and his dyno is automated, which the computer calculates the perfect map for YOUR bike across the entire rpm range and throttle response range. He is THE man!

·
Trackday Junkie
1,374 Posts
Ken
10 rwhp additional, eh? :think:

And yet the 1098/1198's don't get near that much. Perhaps the same or 2-3 rwhp more. Yeah, I'll just stick to my slip-on's/dp ecu/pcv/custom map combo, which is still a heck of a lot less $$$ then the full system/dp ecu/pcv/custom map combo.

You're STILL going to need (need?....should?...) get a PCV/custom map (or Autotune) or Nemesis with the full system.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ACH - Angeles Crest Highway. Yeah, just look for the smoke above LA right now...
Ah yeah, missed that. (ACH)

Actually the Full Termi is pretty flawless as is.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I’d be interested to hear your take on how cheaper alternatives measure up against the full Termi system……….Old bang for the buck, so to speak.
I'd like to know too. It will ultimately depend on what other systems come out and how much they are. As stated before, by the time you buy a system, add the pro-tune, then PCV and Dyno if needed, you very well might be back up to the Full Termi price. I wish we could get the Termi without the ECU, then we could just Pro-tune it and call it a day.

·
Registered
395 Posts
...... As stated before, by the time you buy a system, add the pro-tune, then PCV and Dyno if needed, you very well might be back up to the Full Termi price.
That’s ok. For some reason I believe a custom dynotune would improve a bike more than a close loop preset system. Again, question of having the best bang for the buck.

And like you, I don’t want to through my money at the first option available, plus I have trouble purchasing another product from the same company and is designed to fix something that, in my view, should not have been there in the first place.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts