Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Their is a sticker in several languages that comes on the tank of your 749/999 in whatever flavor you happen to have. It talks about the immobilizer system. Whatever you do dont remove it! it will immobilie your bike _expecily_ after you make the last payment on your bike!

Well just being silly, but I removed that sticker and 10min latter in the middle of a ride my engin stoped the display showing the the immobilizer key icon, the wrong milage (6717, this an error code?) and displaying a big fat "0" (zero) when you take the key out and try to start it again insted of the 749s that it should. The engin light is also on.

The motor didnt stall it just died. Anyone care to throw some suggestions on how to fix this? Or is my dealership going to have to do this one?

·
Registered
67 Posts
go out to your bike and turn the key on and fully open the throttle for 8 seconds the eobd light will come on, as soon as that happens let go of the throttle if the light blinks SHURE ENOUGH the immobilizer is the root of your problems

no you can re set it your self if you have the code card the instructions are in our owners manual

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.