Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First practice just started. I'm goofing off at work, watching the live timing on the web. So far the local guys are leading the timesheets but Haga, Spies, and Fabrizio are right behind them. This should be a good race, especially if it stays dry all weekend.

This is a good weekend for racing. MotoGP on Saturday, World Superbikes on Sunday.:D

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1st practice:

Pos # Rider Nat Bike Last Lap Best Lap Gap Laps
1 19 Spies B USA Yamaha YZF R1 PIT IN 1'30.962 27
2 22 Camier L GBR Yamaha YZF R1 PIT IN 1'31.180 0.218 31
3 91 Haslam L GBR Honda CBR1000RR PIT IN 1'31.209 0.247 25
4 84 Fabrizio M ITA Ducati 1098R PIT IN 1'31.604 0.642 25
5 36 Lavilla G ESP Ducati 1098R PIT IN 1'31.702 0.740 23
6 96 Smrz J CZE Ducati 1098R PIT IN 1'31.709 0.747 25
7 121 Hopkins J USA Honda CBR1000RR PIT IN 1'31.894 0.932 25
8 66 Sykes T GBR Yamaha YZF R1 PIT IN 1'31.954 0.992 21
9 67 Byrne S GBR Ducati 1098R PIT IN 1'31.981 1.019 22
10 27 Ellison J GBR Yamaha YZF R1 PIT IN 1'32.118 1.156 29
11 41 Haga N JPN Ducati 1098R PIT IN 1'32.148 1.186 26
12 56 Nakano S JPN Aprilia RSV4 Factory PIT IN 1'32.171 1.209 23
13 65 Rea J GBR Honda CBR1000RR PIT IN 1'32.307 1.345 22
14 3 Biaggi M ITA Aprilia RSV4 Factory PIT IN 1'32.363 1.401 27
15 111 Xaus R ESP BMW S1000 RR PIT IN 1'32.538 1.576 24
16 7 Checa C ESP Honda CBR1000RR PIT IN 1'32.566 1.604 26
17 71 Kagayama Y JPN Suzuki GSX-R 1000 K9 PIT IN 1'32.806 1.844 22
18 57 Lanzi L ITA Ducati 1098R PIT IN 1'32.874 1.912 25
19 11 Corser T AUS BMW S1000 RR PIT IN 1'33.081 2.119 23
20 14 Lagrive M FRA Honda CBR1000RR PIT IN 1'33.127 2.165 26
21 23 Parkes B AUS Kawasaki ZX 10R PIT IN 1'33.208 2.246 21
22 117 Andrews S GBR Kawasaki ZX 10R PIT IN 1'33.381 2.419 19
23 9 Kiyonari R JPN Honda CBR1000RR PIT IN 1'33.411 2.449 20
24 2 Hacking J USA Kawasaki ZX 10R PIT IN 1'33.766 2.804 21
25 53 Polita A ITA Suzuki GSX-R 1000 K9 PIT IN 1'33.797 2.835 21
26 99 Scassa L ITA Kawasaki ZX 10R PIT IN 1'34.187 3.225 26
27 79 Young B USA Suzuki GSX-R 1000 K9 PIT IN 1'34.383 3.421 25
28 25 Salom D ESP Kawasaki ZX 10R PIT IN 1'34.562 3.600 25
29 77 Iannuzzo V ITA Honda CBR1000RR PIT IN 1'34.728 3.766 19
30 94 Checa D ESP Yamaha YZF R1 PIT IN 1'34.892 3.930 24
31 88 Resch R AUT Suzuki GSX-R 1000 K9 PIT IN 1'35.079 4.117 19

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn, Spies just pulled off a flag-to-flag victory. Haga got gapped and finished a distant third. Fabrizio got swallowed up by the crowd and finished 12th. He even got beat by Hopkins. They had better get it together or Spies may actually pull it off. Here's hoping for some closer racing in race two.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Holy crap, Haga tossed it and that crash looked nasty- bike on top of him and everything. I hope he's really OK. They said he was, but you can never be sure. That really upsets the points and tightens things up a bit.

·
comrade moderator
26,771 Posts
14 points between Haga and Spies now. See how quickly this game can turn around? There's lot of you that need to get out of the prediction business. :)

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Haga sux! injury prone Jap tard. I wish bayliss didn't retire.
WOAHH, you need to cool off. Haga has always been a great rider. I still think he'll do fine in the later part of the year. If you start researching the last 2 tracks and Haga's results, you'll find, he's only done marginally decent at San Marino and Donington, similar results to this season. Brno and Nürburg are both tracks Haga's strong at. Plus, there is a one month gap between now and Brno and a little over a month gap from Brno to Nürnburg. Plenty of time for Haga to rejuvenate himself and Ducati to get there act in gear. Also, both Brno and Nürnburg are tracks Spies has NOT been to before. Miller was the turning point of the championship, as I predicted earlier in the year. I just prey Haga can keep it all together to put on a good fight at the end.

Haga's crash today was just a sign of him pushing hard to do well. I'm pretty upset it happened because it was an unnecessary move on his part. He had nobody behind him and a HUGE gap to contend with, he should have just chilled out and gone home in 2nd place to secure his position.

This season is a strange one, its almost like Spies replaced Bayliss. But if Bayliss was in this championship on the Ducati, he'd be in the same position as Haga.

At this point, the season is wide open. If Haga crashes again and Spies hurts himself as well, Fabrizio could very easily come back to be a championship contender. If Spies has one more mechanical failure, Haga can retain his points lead and keep pushing for the lead. Of course, the likely result would be Spies winning every race from now until the end of the season, taking no prisoners and winning by a healthy margin. I for one, hope that doesn't happen, but in his current mood, I wouldn't be shocked if it does. Haga is frail right now and I'm sure somewhat shattered after that accident today. He was airlifted to a local hospital with a fractured vertebra and other non-life threatening issues. His return to World Superbikes for the July race is of course, up in the air.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
3 Posts
Its over for Ducati! Spies will win the title and go on to MotoGP and win a title there next year. Haga has broken his backbone and is still in hospital.... the only thing that might save Ducati this year is more mechanical problems by Yamaha. Clutch issues or running out of fuel again. But Spies is probably the no.1 or no.2 rider in the world. may be even better than Rossi.

He can beat Rossi! he is a awesome rider true top talent!!. Ducati almost got him instead of Hayden but he was too greedy. Asked for $2 million a year. Ducati didnt want to pay him thats how he ended up with Yamaha. Hayden will end up again in WSBK. I would love to see Spies on a Desmosedici

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its over for Ducati! Spies will win the title and go on to MotoGP and win a title there next year.
Whoa, I wouldn't go that far yet. The closest thing he can get to a real competitive ride might be a Suzuki or Tech-3 Yamaha.

the only thing that might save Ducati this year is more mechanical problems by Yamaha. Clutch issues or running out of fuel again.
That probably won't happen, but Fabrizio has a chance if Spies has a few bad weekends.

Spies is probably the no.1 or no.2 rider in the world. may be even better than Rossi.
I think he's got a way to go to reach that level. Remember that he rode against Rossi at Laguna Seca(a track he knows well) last year, and ended up 8th.

Ducati almost got him instead of Hayden but he was too greedy. Asked for $2 million a year. Ducati didnt want to pay him thats how he ended up with Yamaha. Hayden will end up again in WSBK. I would love to see Spies on a Desmosedici
Do you have a source for this information? Also, per the new rules, Spies can't go directly to the factory Ducati squad, but rather he would have to go to a satellite team. Suzuki would be the only exception since they have no satellite team.

Not trying to burst your bubble, but let's be realistic. (and I'm saying this as a fellow Texan and Spies fan)

·
Registered
429 Posts
2009 WSBS Champion........Ben Spies. Haga have nothing 4 him!
He's cool as ice and faster then anybody else in the field, Not knowing the tracks have not being an issue for him, It's over.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Yep, that was it, I think Chuck predicted it the best... Haga crashes and can't continue the season. The broken wrist alone is enough for Haga to be out for 6 weeks to 2 months, let alone all the other injuries.

The only thing remaining is the hope that Fabrizio can put on a good show for the rest of the year and Ducati choose a decent competitor to help him in his title quest. He has certainly shown he can do well, but 2nd places and poor starts, isn't what he needs to win. I'm anxious to see what Fabrizio will do without Haga, being top-dog in the team. Perhaps, having Haga around has hindered his true potential? Lets prey Haga only misses one round.

In terms of Spies... I mean, yes... He is amazing, but Max Biaggi was able to stick with him for the entire race 1. Had Fabrizio gotten a better start (it was his backup bike and things weren't setup right), he would have been up there at the beginning. Spies hasn't been able to do anything in MotoGP and I bet he'll take the same road as Lorenzo. Lots of crashes, lots of bad memories and eventually push towards the race wins. The only catch is, Spies is almost 25 years old and if he waits another year to enter MotoGP, he'll be 27 years old mid-season and when ya get older, you don't bounce back from major accidents like Lorenzo's, very easily.

To say Spies will be the next Rossi is a bit much. Rossi is special because he is a character. Stoner and Spies are very similar riders, they're winners, but not very interesting guys outside of the track. Spies has failed many times this season. He's crashed and gotten other positions BUT 1st. If he was the next Rossi, he'd be on the podium every race and he just ain't that good. You need a real character to be the top-dog in MotoGP and sadly Lorenzo is a character, but doesn't have the riding abilities, but he sure has the fan-club... Right now I don't see the next Rossi out there. Ben Spies maybe a great rider, but he's just another Texan traveling the world with his mama... NEXT!

I now think its up to Spies to put his head down and get as many points as he can to put a strangle hold on this championship before he crashes again and or suffers other mechanical maladies. Now that Spies brought in one of his chassis mechanics from Suzuki, he's probably feeling more comfortable his bike will be set up more to his liking. Wether or not it fails again, thats a whole other story.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
101 Posts
That's pretty inappropriate and unfounded. Haga took his 100th podium in race 1. That is a great feat for anyone. Not to mention he was in 1st in the Championship when he crashed out. He's a great rider and us toads sitting here posting about it are not even in the same universe with these riders.

I agree with Tye 100%. Spies is a great rider. Any comparisons to Rossi are also unfounded. Rossi is in a league of his own. When his machine is dialed in he is the greatest ever. Spies has had a great showing in WSBK this season thus far, but 1/2 a season does not make a legend. Time will tell how the rest of his career will unfold, however, he is no Rossi.

Haga has made references all season about how he's too old. I wonder if this will be it for him. There are a couple good riders left in the British superbikes and I'd love to see Bautista or Simoncelli on a WSBK or GP machine. Things could be interesting. I am also impressed with Tardazzi, he has continued to say that Fabrizio had it in him and he has turned things around and is looking like he is a real contender now. Tardozzi is a special man to have in the Ducati garage. He and Bayliss worked great together.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
LOL Looks like Haga has coughed up another championship! Consistentcy indeed.. With his current points situation he still might pull off a 3rd over all keeping his streak alive!
I really hope that Spies sticks around WSBK and wins a championship straight up before going to GP.
And when Spies goes to GP satelite team or not you know he will be put on the best equipment.

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
Ending up in hospital is something that happens to most racers at some point in their career especially if they're fast. It is not something to gloat about.

In this case it looks like the doom and gloom merchants may have been premature as there are signs that Haga may be able to race at Brno following evidence that his vertebrae damage is pre-existing and therefore does not require an operation. All the details here.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
so fucking pissed right now
You and me both! God dam! Tardozzi knew it was going to be hard weekend, but the next two races (which are a while from now) are at tracks Spies doesn't know, but both the Ducati factory squad knows and have done well at before.

The news report from the hospital sunday night late was that his injuries arn't that bad... We'll know more monday.

SAD NEWS!!!! :(

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I hope that all is well with Haga... As I said before I would hate to see Spies win a title like that, But I can't believe that you guys didnt see something like this coming. Haga has ALWAYS put himself in these situation. Haga can win races and go fast, it just doesnt seem like a championship is in the cards for him.
I hope this is just a minor scare and Haga is back in full force next race so Ben can beat him and take the points leads. But honestly with the wrist injury alone will be enough to make the next race weekend or 2 really tough for Haga.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
In this case it looks like the doom and gloom merchants may have been premature as there are signs that Haga may be able to race at Brno following evidence that his vertebrae damage is pre-existing and therefore does not require an operation...
Who??? :confused:

whippersnapper said:
Looks like Haga will be out for multiple races with a fractured scapula (I've got one so I know how bad that is) and right wrist plus the vertebrae issue. Get well soon Nori.
Oh. Them. :rolleyes:

ducatisti73 said:
Yep, you're a REAL "ducatisti", all right. All class, all the time.

Chuckracer said:
14 points between Haga and Spies now. See how quickly this game can turn around? There's lot of you that need to get out of the prediction business
LOL! Yeah, you guys should be like Tye, with his oh-so-accurate "predictions" all year long...

Tye said:
At this point, the season is wide open. If Haga crashes again and Spies hurts himself as well, Fabrizio could very easily come back to be a championship contender. If Spies has one more mechanical failure, Haga can retain his points lead and keep pushing for the lead. Of course, the likely result would be Spies winning every race from now until the end of the season, taking no prisoners and winning by a healthy margin.
In other words, TYE PREDICTS: EITHER SPIES, HAGA, OR FABRIZIO WILL WIN THE TITLE (depending on what happens)!

Hey, folks, you heard it here first! :cool:

(My prediction: Whatever happens in the championship, Tye will post at the end of the season that he called it...)

You guys continue to crack me up. Keep up the good work.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts