Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Flavor of the Month
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have dates on any motorcycle events going on in Doha Qatar between now and April 2010? I've looked and came up empty. I'm in Iraq and have a couple of four day passes to burn in my year here. I've already got a date for one, but my other pass isn't scheduled yet. I'm hoping if I'm at the R&R base outside Doha during a WorldSBK or MotoGP race or test that the Military may provide tours or a day trip to it. The sooner I schedule a four day pass the better, otherwise I may not get the date I request. Even if I get scheduled for R&R during a official test, I'll probably get held up at Kirkuk with a dust storm, it's been known to happen....al the F'ing time:think:.

If somebody could post the Doha info you'll be my fren for life! Thanks!

P.S.
Any motorcycle event would work! Local races are cool too! They have a local series don't they? Thanks again!

·
Registered
101 Posts
The GP race in Qatar is April 11th, 2010. The GP 2010 provisional calendar is posted on the website.

The WSBK race is usually 2-3 weeks earlier at Qatar in March, but I do not know if there is a 2010 calendar posted for WSBK yet.

I would love to go with you but I leave Camp Liberty in a couple weeks.

·
Flavor of the Month
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you down in the VBC at BIAP? That Camp Liberty? That place is awesome! Big BX compared to us up here. I was down there a couple weeks ago for a few days. Those palaces are a trip. All looks, but no substance. Did you take a tour of them yet? Thanks for the info about the races, that might be doable for sure! The AF doesn't want us taking our 4 days or R&R leave within two months of departure so I may be cutting it close.

Oh yeah, how come the regular AF dudes at Sather can't go over to the Army camps? Weird.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yeah, VBC - Camp Liberty. Didn't have much time to tour the palaces but I did get to Al Faw, Flintstones palace, and around Slayer. You should go to Slayer and check those out like the Victory over America palace. It was my second time there so I wasn't so much interested in that stuff. I just landed in the states a couple days ago.

I never heard anything about the AF dudes not going on the Army camps. We had some TAC-P's w/us and lived w/us so I don't know how much merit there is to that. Possibly when you were at Sather they didn't want you wondering around b/c it is more of a transient area.

Good luck to you. It was unbelievably hot when we left Kuwait, like 140 so I'm sure you're sucking right now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts