Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I acquired a 2002 900 Sport with a grabby clutch. I took the cover off, plates out, lightly sanded and had a very good result. I was surprised at the amount of visible wear and the quantity of dust. Now, 3500 miles later clutch action is still quite good.

Question - if I take the cover off and ride around for awhile is that enough to get rid of accumulating dust? I don't mind taking it apart annually but if that's not necessary I'd rather skip it.

Attachments

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
The dust is normal with a closed cover. When I’d inspect mine for wear I’d just blow it out with compressed air. Wear some sort of mask because breathing that shit can’t be good fir you. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
7,426 Posts
If you drill some holes in the bottom of the cover most of the dust will escape on its own.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have an open cover, and it collects no dust at all (obviously). Before I had the standard closed cover and was amazed of how much dust was accumulated just after a few rides.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts