Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this ECU work totally in 'open loop' mode...i.e. not require the input from the O2 sensors? I ask because elsewhere in this forum the 'implication' is that it does only work in open-loop...BUT...my dealer is spending days on the problem that their 'plug in' computer shows my horizontal O2 at a dead ZERO signal whilst the vertical one is about normal at 0.98. They changed the sensor...still the same...and now want to change the ECU. (I'm not really sure they know what they are doing!). Can anyone give me the facts? Nick

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone KNOW closed/open loop?

There is a lot of info on this and other forum about this..a lot of it conflicting. So I ask the simple question, does anyone actually KNOW if the 'racing' ECU supplied with the Termi exhaust works in open or closed loop mode? (I can see no reason for it using the O2 sensors at all...someone tell me please). IF it works in closed loop...what are the parameters which decide the 'switch' between open/closed?
(Time engine running...engine temp...air temp...revs...gear...throttle/twist grip position....or more). Many thanks. Nick

·
Registered
121 Posts
Does this ECU work totally in 'open loop' mode...i.e. not require the input from the O2 sensors? I ask because elsewhere in this forum the 'implication' is that it does only work in open-loop...BUT...my dealer is spending days on the problem that their 'plug in' computer shows my horizontal O2 at a dead ZERO signal whilst the vertical one is about normal at 0.98. They changed the sensor...still the same...and now want to change the ECU. (I'm not really sure they know what they are doing!). Can anyone give me the facts? Nick
It is run on a close loop till 5000 rpm .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts