Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does the HM start while in gear? [Answered]

Hi all, quick question!

If I pull the clutch in while not in neutral, should the starter button work on my 2014 Hypermotard? I got it used, and it only starts in neutral, so wasn't sure if there is some wiring issue or if that's just how it comes.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi all, quick question!

If I pull the clutch in while not in neutral, should the starter button work on my 2014 Hypermotard? I got it used, and it only starts in neutral, so wasn't sure if there is some wiring issue or if that's just how it comes.

Thanks!!

It works on my 2016

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
177 Posts
If the kick stand is down it will not start in gear if you have the killswitch connected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi it happen to me when I replace the lever there a small switch in side the clutch lever you need to pull out a lit bit the metal peace that activate the switch maybe is bent inside you need a bend and thin hook to do it take the lever off check inside it should click when you press if not clicking so the kill switch it active it only star when is neutral.

·
Registered
95 Posts
That little switch

That little switch in the lever will also prevent the engine from going to redline if it's not right. They do that to prevent no-load over-reving.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Do you have aftermarket levers? Perhaps the clutch lever is not activating the switch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That little switch in the lever will also prevent the engine from going to redline if it's not right. They do that to prevent no-load over-reving.
Is this the same on the 1100 models and do you have a pic of the switch lever? Bought my bike with ASV levers already installed and it doesn't start unless in neutral but it definitely pulls to red line...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Is this the same on the 1100 models and do you have a pic of the switch lever? Bought my bike with ASV levers already installed and it doesn't start unless in neutral but it definitely pulls to red line...
I don't know if the 1100 is the same. If there's wires going to the lever it might be.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts