Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the DP kit for my 05' ST4s which includes the Airbox, Termi pipes and DP ECU at a nice price.

Is the ECU plug and play or does it need to all be dialed in?

I am trying to decide if I need to spend the extra funds and down time to have the dealer install and tune.

What say you?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ducati_Don said:
Can you tell me what the cost was? And where you purchased the items? I am looking for the same setup.

Thanks, Don
Purchased from my local dealer at a 15% discount. Worked out to be a good bit cheaper than getting aftermarket cans ($800), then buying the PCIII ($300), and airbox ($100?).

·
Registered
104 Posts
On my 05st3 I had the dp kit put in. They just switch the electronics and it is set up for the new pipes and air box. The mec. had to do something to make it run better but not in the computer. I know it came back idling faster.
Boy does it sound powerful.
Bruce

·
Registered
104 Posts
That is a good question, to me the bike is very powerful anyways. My other bike is a R65 BMW. Very different ride. When I crack the throttle in first on my duc. the front wheel comes up. This winter in 2nd I had the front wheel come up. Not sure if the kit is me more power,but with the sound and power that is there makes a nice match up.
Bruce

·
Registered
233 Posts
When I had the ECU replaced on my 04 ST3 they had to go through a routine to match my keys to the ECU. The factory manual states the procedure for matching first the red key then the others to the new ECU. As you have an 05 the sane procedure is required (I believe) for the immobilizer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts