Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone~~ living in new york city and dealing with NYC yellow cap

forced me to get a louder horn~~

my bike is 03 999s and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice

on how to install this horn .

Its a STEBEL twin air horn . This thing came with NO instruction.

Attachments

·
Registered
956 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Now that's going to be loud. I've often wondered why motorcycle horns are so wussy when your trying to get the attention of larger, enclosed, vehicles. I'd be interested to hear a clip of what that sounds like once you get it hooked up. Might be fun to do just for the shock value.

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,716 Posts
i've got a nautilus on my Multi and it definitely gets driver's attention.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now that's going to be loud. I've often wondered why motorcycle horns are so wussy when your trying to get the attention of larger, enclosed, vehicles. I'd be interested to hear a clip of what that sounds like once you get it hooked up. Might be fun to do just for the shock value.
will do !!! I 'll send you a PM when I am done and ready ~! looks like i need

to gather some more tools ~ like the wiring kits and stuff ~ But I am going

to try to install it with out the wiring kit ~!

·
Registered
134 Posts
you're going to need a relay and a 20 amp fuse (trust me this thing draws power, don't half-ass it. I just installed the WOLO version of this horn (same thing) last weekend.

here's a PDF of instructions for the WOLO (again, same exact horn). http://www.wolo-mfg.com/419%20english.pdf

you are going to need to mount it upright or apparently, it won;t last very long.

good luck

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you're going to need a relay and a 20 amp fuse (trust me this thing draws power, don't half-ass it. I just installed the WOLO version of this horn (same thing) last weekend.

here's a PDF of instructions for the WOLO (again, same exact horn). http://www.wolo-mfg.com/419%20english.pdf

you are going to need to mount it upright or apparently, it won;t last very long.

good luck
OH~~ Man ~ finally i got an answer to my question !!! Thank you so much for your instructions !!! I am on my way to the pet boys to get some tools ~
!! I wish I saw your reply little earlier ~ cuz i bought this custom made wiring kit for stebel horn for $35. Which is plug and play~ But again, I could
have spend less picking up the parts by my self ~!!
Anyhow ~ I will upload a sound clip once i install it ~!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts