Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
maybe a year ago there was an article the compared the 749 dark, the 749, and the r model.
if anyone has a copy of that i would love to see it. i am still debating if which one i want. any opinions?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,441 Posts
fwiw i find magazine articals useless. 1 month it's the greatest,next month it too expensive and poor performace.buy the one you can afford.you will have a more enjoyable ride on a dark thats paid off than eating kraft dinner with a "r" in the garage needing service cause your broke.and if you can afford the"r" you will end up selling the dark after a while so you can have the ohilns and stuff.just ask migz.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,393 Posts
+1

kaos said:
fwiw i find magazine articals useless. 1 month it's the greatest,next month it too expensive and poor performace.buy the one you can afford.you will have a more enjoyable ride on a dark thats paid off than eating kraft dinner with a "r" in the garage needing service cause your broke.and if you can afford the"r" you will end up selling the dark after a while so you can have the ohilns and stuff.just ask migz.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,235 Posts
kaos said:
fwiw i find magazine articals useless. 1 month it's the greatest,next month it too expensive and poor performace.buy the one you can afford.you will have a more enjoyable ride on a dark thats paid off than eating kraft dinner with a "r" in the garage needing service cause your broke.and if you can afford the"r" you will end up selling the dark after a while so you can have the ohilns and stuff.just ask migz.
... Word!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,214 Posts
I wish someone would do another 749 article though...I haven't seen one in forever. 999 articles are like every month almost.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Even though kraft is really good, i do agree with what you are saying. thank you. so lets stretch this a little bit: do you think the s model is worth the extra $1k opposed the the 749?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
IMO yes, the S is worth the additional money over the 749.

It gives you an additional 8 HP, higher compression, TiN fork surface treatment, Showa verses Sachs rear suspension and weights 5 lbs less.

The S, with its more aggressive cam, gets a nice HP gain by installing a performance exhaust package.
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
sunny said:
Even though kraft is really good, i do agree with what you are saying. thank you. so lets stretch this a little bit: do you think the s model is worth the extra $1k opposed the the 749?
Definitely ! If you're after a 749 and you can afford the S, go for that. Won't regret it.

Doc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
463 Posts
Download the 749 manual and look at the differences between the two. The dark does not come with a dampener. The front shocks are different as well as the rear swingarm. I think they are geared different to, maybe not. Also look at the Ducati performance catalog and read all of the footnotes for the 749.


Jus' a thought.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jus_Livin said:
Download the 749 manual and look at the differences between the two. The dark does not come with a dampener. The front shocks are different as well as the rear swingarm. I think they are geared different to, maybe not. Also look at the Ducati performance catalog and read all of the footnotes for the 749.


Jus' a thought.:)
thank you very much. i will look into that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top