Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now have a set of Rizoma Sportline grips. They do look beautiful, but are hard and have no cushioning. I often go for 300 mile rides and am getting tired of the "looks over comfort" of these grips. What are you guys using that offer more comfort?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NBlair930,
Did you slip them over your OE grips?

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
I find my Rizoma Sportline grips to be more comfortable than the fatter, softer grips out there if I wear my riding gloves.
Without gloves they aren't comfortable at all!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Has anyone tried rizoma Lux?

~k
Yup. I like 'em. With A-stars leather gloves I feel like I have a lot of, well, grip. Just got back from 500+ kms over 2 days and no numb hands or tired fingers. Wrists a bit sore, but I was getting those before I changed the grips.I got the all black ones - they look pretty cool, too IMHO.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I find my Rizoma Sportline grips to be more comfortable than the fatter, softer grips out there if I wear my riding gloves.
Without gloves they aren't comfortable at all!
I was going to say the exact same thing. I did 350 miles last Saturday and I have sportline grips on my GT1000--no numbness, no problems.

Yes, I wear gloves, but the key with any grip is simply not to hold on too tightly. I have had those super-thick foamy grips on bikes before, and they caused me to grip more tightly, which defeats the goal of reduced hand vibration.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Barfer is correct. It is more about relaxing the hand. Good gloves help as well. I have used the Rizoma sport grips on two Ducs, and love them. I will be a bit sore at the end of a 600 miler, but that is to be expected and mostly in my next from having to look up.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I put a set of good old foam ones on my GT. Comfy as hell :D

·
Registered
724 Posts
Ourys are nice... I had them before I switched to the Rizomas (looks, minus comfort)... The Ourys used to help me a lot, specially after my hand surgery...

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
ProGrip makes nice grips. Lots of styles to choose from.

The PO put Rizoma grips on my GT and I thought I'd change them out right away but they're not that bad comfort-wise, and I like the feel. Plus you gotta admit they're the coolest looking things around! :cool:

Debby

·
Registered
2 Posts
Three bikes and no vibes

Here's what I have done on my last three bikes. First you need to get a bar snake from Dave Walker at Holeshot. They are cheap and worth every penny. Run the snake through your handle bars and then install Gel Grips; I think I use number 721? Then I generally were a old and battered but effective pair of Marsee gloves with some thin gel pads in the plams. Job DONE! No vibes; in fact I don't even run bar ends; less weight right?:cool:

And the proof; one Iron Butt in 19 1/2 hours! Houston to Santa Fe ... the long way!:)

BangkokMoose

·
Registered
262 Posts

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
I have Pro Grip "Sportbike Gel" grips on all of my bikes (except the BMW with factory heated grips). They are both extremely comfortable and downright cheap (typically around $10-12 per set).

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Grip Length

How long are the hand grips on a GT1000?

·
Old Wizard
3,006 Posts

I had problems with my fingers going numb from handlebar vibration before I used inexpensive $5.00 foam grips from a bicycle shop.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts