Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to see if anyone has pictures of a 749 dark with the monoposto back end. I am not interested in the hard seat cowl that replaces the seat but the back end from (for example) the 749s.
I hope this makes sense.

I am going back and forth between purchasing either the s or the dark. I would love a monoposto dark and I wanted to see if anyone had photographs of one.

thank you and I hope everyone is well.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CKvBP said:
I dont think they made one, at least in the US that is. Sure there are 3rd party options though.

i know that. I am asking if anyone made their dark into a monoposto. I know they dont come from bolognia with as a monoposto.

·
Registered
610 Posts
ya he sold it and he dropped it off to the lucky guy sat. He didn't swap ou the rear sub frame mut rather he moddified it slitly. if you notice the Termi and the fairing has more of a gap then a standard mono. looks good on the go,...

but just buy a mono! why go through the extra cost of powder coating and the pain of cutting up a frame?!?!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
vtwins4life said:
Here's a picture of Migz123's last bike. Nicest Dark I've seen.

"VTWINS4LIFE" you are the best. thats EXACTLY what i wanted. thank you so much. that looks so bad ass. once again, thank you so much.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I delivered that bike to a very happy new owner last Saturday... while the old owner is not very happy. It was a damn good bike, I have no idea why I sold it.

Yes, the subframe is modified, the monotail is Ducati Performance Carbon, the number plate is from tricktape.com (I just bought the coated decal and shaped it), the Ducati Corse and Ducati Superbike decals are "ebay specials." Total cost is about $600 (less sale of biposto parts) and about 4-5 hours labor. ( Its difficult to tell that the subframe is modified unless you really look underneath. I wanted to paint the cut parts silver to mask it some more, but never got around to it. )

Below are detailed pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
migz123 said:
I delivered that bike to a very happy new owner last Saturday... while the old owner is not very happy. It was a damn good bike, I have no idea why I sold it.

Yes, the subframe is modified, the monotail is Ducati Performance Carbon, the number plate is from tricktape.com (I just bought the coated decal and shaped it), the Ducati Corse and Ducati Superbike decsls are "ebay specials." Total cost is about $600 (less sale of biposto parts) and about 4-5 hours labor.

Below are detailed pics:
looks fantastic! where could i locate all the parts for the frame if i decided to do this?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
sunny said:
looks fantastic! where could i locate all the parts for the frame if i decided to do this?
All you need is a Dremel tool and the nerve to circumcise your biposto subframe :p ... the rest you can get from any Ducati parts supplier and/or a reputable seller on eBay.

Motowheels.com is a site sponsor, will give discount for Ducati.ms members, has many happy customers, and just a good bunch of people, so I would recommend going with them for the parts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Its me!

sunny said:
I wanted to see if anyone has pictures of a 749 dark with the monoposto back end. I am not interested in the hard seat cowl that replaces the seat but the back end from (for example) the 749s.
I hope this makes sense.

I am going back and forth between purchasing either the s or the dark. I would love a monoposto dark and I wanted to see if anyone had photographs of one.

thank you and I hope everyone is well.

Yup! i think u are looking for me!!!! According to Ducati, i have recieved fax from them saying that, there are only 40 units being produced.... And i am really the lucky one of them ! Cheers!!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Nice pics guys. I too have a 749 Dark, and I am considering turning to the Mono option. I'm curious, has anyone actually weighed the different subframes?

How much lighter is an aluminum mono subframe from a steel biposto subframe?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cagiva03 said:
Yup! i think u are looking for me!!!! According to Ducati, i have recieved fax from them saying that, there are only 40 units being produced.... And i am really the lucky one of them ! Cheers!!!!

You rule the earth with a metal fist. METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
cagiva03 said:
i would find it doubtful ducati would produce a mono with a biposto subframe such as yours.but i have seen base 749 monos with the mono subframe .

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have also slightly modified 749 Dark (Bitubo race suspension etc). I have considered buying TSS monoposto subframe which cost here in Europe aproxx. 400 Euros (about 450 USD). It is very nicely made from aluminium and it is very similar to Ducati original monoposto aluminium subframe but only cheaper. You can look at it from http://www.tss.cz.

Of course I need new rear fairing aswell and there is many options. Maybe I'll buy Desmosedici tail unit, which costs in glassfiber unpainted only about 300 Euros.

·
Registered
11 Posts
kaos said:
i would find it doubtful ducati would produce a mono with a biposto subframe such as yours.but i have seen base 749 monos with the mono subframe .
My sub frame belongs to those of the Mono's. I can't simple change the rear pillion seat on, and pillion someone else. It does not fit, further more there are no pillion foot rest mounting.... I modified the pillion foot rest on myself. Anyway, it will cost me a bomb in order to convert into a dual sitter. I have to change the whole sub frame and rear fairing . :(

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey Migz123

In regards to the fitment, is there any special reason you went with the DP carbon tail vs. say a sharkskins fiberglass tail? Or did you try other tails and found this to be the only one that worked?

thanks

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
DanTheMan said:
Hey Migz123

In regards to the fitment, is there any special reason you went with the DP carbon tail vs. say a sharkskins fiberglass tail? Or did you try other tails and found this to be the only one that worked?

thanks
Simply because it color matched the bike ... on my new bike, I just use the DP avio-fiber.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts