Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Scheduled my 600mi service today and noted that my rear brake is spongy, with a lot of travel, and that I'd like to make sure I got the rear brake kit in the service bulletin installed. The dealership service dept said that the updated rear brake kit is already installed on 2012's. Can y'all confirm this? My 2012 MTS was built in July 2011, so maybe it snuck in with the old set-up: is there any way I can visually inspect to confirm what is on my bike is the most current set-up? If you understand that the 2012 does not have the updated rear brake kit can you direct me to any documentation that confirms this so I can show it to the dealer? My dealer is a bit of a drive and it's not convenient to pop in on the bike to have them inspect, so I'd like to have everything lined up before I bring it in for the service.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
602 Posts
If the brake line attatches to the fluid reservoir at a 45degree angle, the update most likely has been done.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the brake line attatches to the fluid reservoir at a 45degree angle, the update most likely has been done.
Thanks for the reply! I just checked the reservoir and the line connects to it at the bottom at a 45 deg angle. If there are any other signs that would confirm I have the updated rear brake I'd appreciate knowing them. Dealer plans to bleed the brake during the service - hope that improves things!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the "fixed" rear brake (45 degree thingy) but my rear brake was still useless from the get-go. 2012 model year, with a December 2011 build. At the first service the dealer brought it to life with some kind of special fluid flush. It worked great, and I thought all was well, but someone else here pointed out it might not last long. They were right. The rear brake is back to useless-spongy. I'll try to have the dealer work their magic again at the 7500 mile interval.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts