Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Just me, but why would anybody want one.

It would seem to make as much sense as a bi-posto Desmo.

An is an "R" is an "R", for race- track- riding with my hair on fire. Not for sticking my GF on the back. I love my 999 Mono and the fact that I can't take a PAX is just fine with me.

PAXs -that's what God built Multistradas for.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Could that be a Ducati code for the new upright supertourer (AKA Multistrada replacement), which some have said will have an 1198 engine?

·
Registered
719 Posts
it was probably put on the end of the model linup like that cover the 1198 base that does get the 2 up option. i mean, they dont even let us choose a different color, whey would they let us put a back seat on it (not that i think they should be made in any color but red) the army does alot of its item descriptions like that in hand recipts, gets very confusing.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I wouldn't put any weight into it. It doesn't make sense for Ducati to bring out a $44K bi-posto for the purpose of homologation, as they know it won't sell. Besides, Why not wait for the 848R? ;)

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Caught wind of this through a government website. According to the documents, Ducati has certified an engine for an 1198R "double seater." Hmmm...anyone else hear about this?

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/cert/hmc/2010/ducati_m0300081_1198_0d8_hn.pdf
this document seems to certify that Ducati can sell 1198 single or double, 1198S single or doule, or 1198R single or double. It does not mean Ducati will/intend/plan/think about bringing a 1198R biposto.
Legally speaking, Ducati has the option. Will they, that's an entirely different argument.
A Ducati superbike biposto is for guys who want to pick up women, even though it looks incredibly uncomfortable. It literally looks like she's on your back.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just me, but why would anybody want one.

It would seem to make as much sense as a bi-posto Desmo.

An is an "R" is an "R", for race- track- riding with my hair on fire. Not for sticking my GF on the back. I love my 999 Mono and the fact that I can't take a PAX is just fine with me.

PAXs -that's what God built Multistradas for.
I thought the exact same thing. Sports bikes are monoposto's and the monster is what I would take the wife out on.

·
Registered
525 Posts
2-up Desmo!

phcmotoho says he saw a biposto desmo down in malibu.

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=69549

I suppose if some swinging dick was going to have one it would be down there. I can just see it now.......

"Hey everybody, do you know what I paid for this bike? $80k yeah that's right $80 thousand bucks. Hey babe, wanna take a ride on my $80,000 motorcycle?...yeah, ok! just let me get my flip-flops, excuse me, my Gucci flip-flops."

:abduct:

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
phcmotoho says he saw a biposto desmo down in malibu.

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=69549

I suppose if some swinging dick was going to have one it would be down there. I can just see it now.......

"Hey everybody, do you know what I paid for this bike? $80k yeah that's right $80 thousand bucks. Hey babe, wanna take a ride on my $80,000 motorcycle?...yeah, ok! just let me get my flip-flops, excuse me, my Gucci flip-flops."

:abduct:
gucci is so ghetto. Prada baby. LOL

·
Registered
525 Posts
and making a Desmo into a biposto isn't ghetto? Prada would imply some level of taste, naw gucci flip-flops.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
I wouldn't put any weight into it. It doesn't make sense for Ducati to bring out a $44K bi-posto for the purpose of homologation, as they know it won't sell. Besides, Why not wait for the 848R? ;)
i think the 1198 model is now the base for homologation .as ducati has to sell over 3,000 of them to compete in wsb.thus the ''r'' gets watered down to comply with the rules

·
Registered
13 Posts
Funny thing is you can put your girlfriend on the back of a mono but three things must be verified before doing this... Weight?? Height?? & Are her shorts short enough that her ass cheeks stick to the tail section??

I've done several hundred miles this way and she keeps wanting to go for more rides... not sure how she does it :)

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Funny thing is you can put your girlfriend on the back of a mono but three things must be verified before doing this... Weight?? Height?? & Are her shorts short enough that her ass cheeks stick to the tail section??

I've done several hundred miles this way and she keeps wanting to go for more rides... not sure how she does it :)
Who cares how she does it. Just show pics. :D

·
Super Moderator
8,222 Posts
Ducati has never made an R bike with BiPosto.. I dont think they will be starting now..

//amullo

1 - 18 of 18 Posts