Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who is unsure or who has not yet registered online, Hello Fred- Please contact me via Email and I will send you the written instructions on how to register online with Ducati. It will take 5 mins to do and you will be registered for 2009.

·
Registered
736 Posts
registration?

Ernie-

You do not return phone calls from people who have signed up for your club. You have not managed to organize a meeting for your club members.
You do not show up when you say you will. You are the president of a club that has no members who know who you are.

I am sorry your life is a pile. I am not a member of your club. I go on motorcycle rides with people who take responsibility for their actions and they do what they say they are going to do.

Fred

·
Registered
322 Posts
Em Fred

I don't know Ernie but was thinking the same thing. Your advise sounds right and sincere. It take's a little more to be president than just to be called president.......................Sorry ernie but Fred seems to always be there.............He has took the club on rides all spring and summer and probably this fall. Good job Fred. People can't give respect from a guy that don't show.......................But just gives orders..........The officer days are over your out of the service I guess...............I've got 28 yrs up at scott my self at this point. If this is to strong I am sorry but just seems to be the reality so for.......................I am not a member either so if Duc has to get your approval for me to join..............LOL I guess I am out. But then again I have never met ya. Might be my fault seeing my GT was in the shop for 5 weeks. The guys in the club that I have met are really good guys it seems to me anyway...............Just need a better leader.??????????

·
Registered
75 Posts
Well said. I am sorry as well for the unfortunate turn of events for you Ernie, but if we want this club to take of, we need new leadership. I've been patient and quiet for some time now, but I had enough. Sorry. Let's move forward and start fresh. No hard feelings. We are all "grown-ups" here.

Ciao,

N.B.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who Will Take Over?

Guys

That is all well and good. - Whomever is crediting my military background, Thank You very much- But that has nothing to do with running a club.
Fred I had asked you last year for your help, to take on a leadership role, and you politely refused. I received a lot of "interest" But no one wanted to take on the necessary steps to meet the DOC Bylaws of running a club. If you want to have a "Club", it takes people stepping up to take on the responsibility to run the club to the standards of the organizing association. I belong to other clubs Fred, just as you do. Porsche club and BMWUSA, etc. and they all have leadership organizations in place in each club. If no one wants to take on responsibility for manning the path the club will take, within the given bylaws of the sponsor body,( DOC), then you don't have much of anything. Just getting together going for rides, doesn't make you a club, not by DOC's Bylaws, which we have yet to get close to. I got really tired with people being blasé about this all last year. I did not take on the role of President for life.. In order to start a club here, where none existed, it needed a President and members. So I applied, named myself President and found members. Only Chris Ryan agreed to help me set it up and take a position and create a website..
If you are unhappy with me, that's fine and I'm glad you've finally said so.
Whoever wants to take this over, is more than welcome. I resign today as President and as a member and I will turn over the all the documents to whomever will take responsibility for it. Otherwise, if no one steps up to take the responsibility, then DOC will close down the Ducati Owners Club of St. Louis and if you want to be a factory club, you can apply for a new charter and start again.
Fred, I appreciate your input, But until you stand up and are willing to take some responsibility, all you seem to be doing is standing on the sidelines making a lot of noise about what should and shouldn't be. You're great at setting up a ride on a Sunday morning, and everyone seems to be behind you, why don't you step up and take over as President and run the club?
If you guys don't want to be a chartered club and run by Ducati's rules, then fine, I'll give up the charter. Because how you're going now, is not fulfilling the charter agreement that has my name on it.
Whoever you decide on to be the President, if you all decide you want to keep the club chartered and in this name, let me know via email to me, not on this forum. And I'll make the necessary arrangements to turn it over to you through the factory.. If I don't hear from anyone about this by the end of the week, I'll notify DOC, that "DucSTL" has relinquished it's charter.
Goodbye and Good Luck.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Dam bro.

All the guys are saying is they need to meet you at least. Alot of us have never saw you. Maybe your personal life is taking all your time. Like another guy said we are all grown ups here. And sometimes need an answer,,,,,,,,,,,,hell we are all busy all the time. If I were:think: you go out and meet and ride with the fella's there great guys. None of us are perfect especially me.............................Hahahaha and Fred he is half squirrel:eek: LOL........So he don't count.................................:eek::eek::D:D

·
Registered
736 Posts
registration

Hey JT -

Which half? :confused:

Fred

·
Registered
322 Posts
ah Fred

just trying to loosen this up abit..................Hhahha:D. I am just a mechanic....................I don't belong to porche clubs are BMW clubs. Maybe this is the problem there is to many plain folk here. Who just want to ride..................The ducati thing sounds cool.........................Heck maybe Ernie has some real problems and just don't want to talk about them.........All I know is I talk alot when I should not. But at least I tell you guys what I am up to. Looks like tomorrow I am heading back up to Halls in the morning to get my 600 mile duc check up, tune wrench turned off on my duc dash, also my quick disconnect trunk is in got to pick it up. Ernie unless somebody really wants to take over and you don't have the time. Why don't we all just kick back a little and try to work this out. To be honest all I want to do is ride. But if you guys want to do the "Duc" thing I will try to help out. No Presidenti for me though.........................Heck I can't even spell alone talk to another country.:eek: Oh yeah squirrel legs Fred :eek::D:D:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts