Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed a Gen 3 EJK. Got a good discount ($175 military discount :eek: ) Huge pain trying to get the plug off the injectors which is buried under the airbox. Install was a snap after that. I did notice a nice improvement, no more popping on decel and more power under 3k. Maybe a bit more snap in the throttle but not a huge change. Does anyone have some experience with these? Any tips on fiddling with the settings? I have slipons and a k&n filter. Still trying to decide if I like the airbox open or not. That intake sound is something..

·
Registered
267 Posts
Just installed a Gen 3 EJK. Got a good discount ($175 military discount :eek: ) Huge pain trying to get the plug off the injectors which is buried under the airbox. Install was a snap after that. I did notice a nice improvement, no more popping on decel and more power under 3k. Maybe a bit more snap in the throttle but not a huge change. Does anyone have some experience with these? Any tips on fiddling with the settings? I have slipons and a k&n filter. Still trying to decide if I like the airbox open or not. That intake sound is something..
Hey Nick,

I installed one (don't know if it was a GenIII or not-- I still have the packaging, so I'll check) on my basically stock '99 900SS a couple years ago, and tuned it pretty close to the recommended 900SS settings that came with it. My aim was to reduce/eliminate the infamous "cough/hiccup" between 3-4K rpm, and the issue was largely cured. Now that I've replaced the stock cans with a pair of hi-mount Remus cans, I think I need to make a few adjustments, since it doesn't seem quite right at this point. I'll probably try to follow the Dobeck instructions again, to start out with, since I think they may have included some settings for stock engine/airbox w/ higher flow exhaust.

You're right about the pain of getting the forward injector plug loose (see my post from way back when). But it is doable.

Bryan

·
Registered
164 Posts
Not on a Ducati but...

I use one of these on my R1100S after dropping the Cat and adding K&N and advancing the valve timing. I went by the directions but also took it to a tuner. Once on the dyno we saw that it was running extremely lean on the low end and not a lot better on the top end of rev range. I'm not say it is the doebeck but I would at least look closely at your plugs and if you can take to someone who can take A/F readings.

Better safe then rebuilding a top end.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I had the exact same experience with the installation. I got the Techlusion (Dobeck) to make the bike more drive-able at low speeds and it really helped. No more dead throttle feel below 3500 rpm and it's a lot smoother. I did try to adjust the #1 pot as per the instructions but it seemed as though the recommended settings worked fine. I'd imagine you'd have to take it to a dyno to really get it right. One interesting side effect: The bike runs cooler now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts