1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
36 Posts
Click on the lower picture in your link, you can see the difference. I think the front brake is better on the "S" too, but I'm not positive.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I just picked up a bank repo 08 Hyper "S" with 3600 miles, 6 yr extended warrenty, helmut, jacket, gloves for $10,000. I know thats not normal but deals are out there cause of the economy, at least in the US. You just have to be patient and wait for the right one.

Mike

·
Registered
16 Posts
Demo bikes

MotoCorsa in Portland Or just purchased all the demo bikes form last year's Hypermotard truck. They have 8 standard models and 2 "S" models. I have a deposit on e one of them and my buddy has a deposit on one of the "S"s. The standards are $8995 with about 2500-3000 miles and are being sold as new so you would receive the free maintenance and the full 2 year warranty.
The bikes look nearly new with the only signs of use being the tires and brakes. If you are looking for a good deal on a slightly used/new Hyper it might be worth a look.
MotoCorsa is also throwing in a dinner with Michael Lock of DNA, Speedymoto frame sliders, and a chance to win a trip to Italy in their Progetto 51. Progetto 51 is a promotion where MotoCorsa is trying to beat their own record of 50 bikes sold in one month.
http://www.motocorsa.com/

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Well you can do a lot of research, but her are some observations after seeing a lot of posts. Generally speaking the S model suspension has not proved to be that much better than the standard model (both could use some help) and the front brakes on the S seem to have more complaints.

Either way, you will be happy just work a deal and your good to go.

Out!

·
Registered
36 Posts
MotoCorsa in Portland Or just purchased all the demo bikes form last year's Hypermotard truck. They have 8 standard models and 2 "S" models. I have a deposit on e one of them and my buddy has a deposit on one of the "S"s. The standards are $8995 with about 2500-3000 miles and are being sold as new so you would receive the free maintenance and the full 2 year warranty.
The bikes look nearly new with the only signs of use being the tires and brakes. If you are looking for a good deal on a slightly used/new Hyper it might be worth a look.
MotoCorsa is also throwing in a dinner with Michael Lock of DNA, Speedymoto frame sliders, and a chance to win a trip to Italy in their Progetto 51. Progetto 51 is a promotion where MotoCorsa is trying to beat their own record of 50 bikes sold in one month.
http://www.motocorsa.com/
Is the free maintenance you mention a standard thing with new bikes? I seem to remember my dealer trying to sell me a prepaid plan.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here is the link to the "Full Factory Maintenance" that DNA is offering through August.
http://www.ducati.com/od/ducatinorthamerica/news/detail.jhtml;jsessionid=WS225NXNNGO3ECRNCB2SFFAKFUIHUIV4?newsId=28681
I think there is some fine print such as if you want the first major (7500 mile) service included it must happen in the first year. I think they may be rolling the dice that most Ducati Riders don't ride nearly 7500 miles in one year.
The guy who does this program should save about $1200-1500 assuming you don't do your own valve checks.
The Hyper I am buying already has 2600 miles (but being sold as "new") so I will have no problem getting the miles in for my major service.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm a big fan of Replies that are short and to the point, so here is my 2 cents - in three parts:
1. if you're serious about purchasing the R6, don't ride the Hyper, because if you do, the R6 will be a distant memory!!
2. when considering the Hyper vs. the Hyper S model ~ are you really going to ride the standard model such that you need the extras that come on a S model? How many of truly can ride a Hyper standard to its fullest capabilities???
3. you can find excellent deals out there at dealers. this U.S. economy has a lot of dealers with a significant inventory that they are WILLING to sell at reduced prices. A few months ago I bought a "new in the crate" '08 leftover for an out the door price of $11k (plus a t-shirt!). 0 miles. Literally, still in the crate.

Good luck, Brother.

p.s. if you're a dirtbike rider, such as myself, the Hyper is THE bike to get.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just bought a base 08' Hypermotard last weekend for $10,750 OTD. It had 0miles on it, and they were willing to deal since it was the last 08' in the shop's inventory. I looked at a few other bikes, but for the price (and free mainteance for a year) I was able to go with my heart and get my first Ducati. The 4.75% for 60 months through my credit union also helped convince the wife. Got 400 miles on it in the first week, and I am all smiles. What a fun bike. My goal is to get the 7500 miles within a year to get the free 7.5k mile service. Not so easy when the Hyper has to share mileage with a 1200 GS adventure, a BMW 335i, and my Tundra but I think I can do it :D

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I've been lusting after a hypermotard for awhile, and while I am currently looking to buy a 2009 R6 in the next week or so, I found a hypermotard for sale at GP bikes that looks interesting.

What do you guys think? is 2,000km on this motor just before a major maintenance schedule or something?

http://gpbikes.com/inventory/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_7&products_id=536
What are you waiting for ? The riding season is ticking away!!!!The S has exquisite Brakes, Lighter wheels, different tires I think , Carbon Fiber More adjustable Forks and Rear shock adjustability, More things to play with and to keep you from getting bored...
Bragging rights that you have an S... Just got back form giving my S a Proper thrashing and didn'teven hit sixth gear What a riot!! Get your check book out . This is Canada Just sign your name a couple of times and ride away!!!!!
Almost due for the second oil change @ 2000km.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts