Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

While I love this site for various reasons (general knowledge, technical information, industry news, racing discussions, etc.), sometimes I just want to “switch off” and mindlessly browse through Ducati and motorcycling related images. I know this site has several category-specific picture threads, a specific track day picture thread, etc.. While browsing one such thread today, I was reminded that there are a few members here who I also follow on Instagram (some pictures and names stand out).

To my point, does anyone here have/want to share their Ducati or motorcycle themed Instagram handle(s)? If so, maybe we could make a list here for those looking to share their photos with the community.

Note to Mods - I read through the rules to see if a post like this was prohibited, and didn’t see anything indicating that it wasn’t allowed, but please let me know if I need to remove this post should it break any site guidelines.

Thanks,
Stephen

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Nope ... no Instagram account, no Twitter account, no Facebook account.

Now GET OFF MY LAWN! :giggle:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m honestly a little surprised by the responses so far. There are hundreds upon hundreds of Ducati pages on instagram, so I’m surprised no one here has spoken up yet.

I agree that there are a lot of negative aspects to social media (especially Facebook), and I have a general disdain for these platforms, but sometimes a guy just wants to look at pictures of stuff. That why I like Instagram; subject-matter specific photos without a lot of the BS that comes with Facebook.

Why facebook and others are so problematic/detrimental is another can of worms I’d rather not open here.

·
Registered
482 Posts
you can check out my instagram https://www.instagram.com/south_venice_supply_company/ I fancy myself a "Motorsport Street Photographer"..mostly because I just roll General Admin, so never get the worlds best location for shooting cars on track. I also take photos of my bike around the LA area. Occasionally I have something I post up for sale, I like to buy old vintage leather jackets, fix them up, use them, then pass them on.

I try to post up in "sequence" so I'm just now finishing up a meetup I went to at the Petersen Auto Museum here in LA, it was WOWOWOWOWOW. Next up will be some photos from the USGP in Austin...etc. I've been trying to do "stories" while I"m out and about as well. So I have one for a day I went out in Malibu, also the F1GP in Austin.

Enjoy and get the fuck off my lawn!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for sharing.

Ducvet, I actually already follow your page. I really like your shop posts.

Erics7517, very cool stylistic shots. Is the 748S yours? that’s the one bike I’ll never sell.

bulldog, good to see someone keeping these things alive.

For anyone interested, my page is @modern_classic_ducati.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Followed!!! Yeah mate, she's mine, and like you I'll never sell unless forced, she's just tooooo damn pretty. Trying to keep her reasonably stock where it matters, but over time I hope to turn black plastic into carbon, I'd like a number plate on the nose to match the arse, and I guess I'll put titanium crap on it where I can!!!

·
Bon Vivant
10,286 Posts
If anyone is interested I did just post the build thread on my website for my bevel 900SS and have updated the build on the Mark 3 desmo. The 900 is finished but the desmo build is ongoing, that bike is a full ground-up build to the best of my ability. I just got the engine back from the machinist and it is ready to start assembling so I'll be posting updates on that bike a little more quickly now.
Here's a pic to (hopefully) pique your interest :)

·
Registered
1,521 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I remember when Facebook came out in college. You had to have a university email address, and not all colleges were a part of it. Was pretty cool back then, but, as ducvet said, it became a business. All downhill from there.

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
you can check out my instagram https://www.instagram.com/south_venice_supply_company/ I fancy myself a "Motorsport Street Photographer"..mostly because I just roll General Admin, so never get the worlds best location for shooting cars on track. I also take photos of my bike around the LA area. Occasionally I have something I post up for sale, I like to buy old vintage leather jackets, fix them up, use them, then pass them on.

I try to post up in "sequence" so I'm just now finishing up a meetup I went to at the Petersen Auto Museum here in LA, it was WOWOWOWOWOW. Next up will be some photos from the USGP in Austin...etc. I've been trying to do "stories" while I"m out and about as well. So I have one for a day I went out in Malibu, also the F1GP in Austin.

Enjoy and get the fuck off my lawn!
Mine is @The_real_sherpa23

A lot of Ducati stuff plus occasional sportscar stuff and sometimes from my work in Formula 1. Some dog and family stuff too. But mostly Ducati stuff.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts